Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderation, Backlash, Conspiracy Theories, Resolution

Default Moderation, Backlash, Conspiracy Theories, Resolution

As Kranar stated, when the PC had issues, I contacted him about them. When the PC was hacked, I sent him an email. When the PC would go down, I sent him an email. When the racist spammer guy showed up, I sent him an email. When Wyrom posted about the recent scams, I sent him an email and offered to help moderate and track the issue. He said okay, and that's how I became a moderator. I didn't hack the PC to take it over. There was no cash payment, and no cocaine. I have never been banned from anything.

I obviously went about things the wrong way, because nobody seemed to care for the choices I made. That is my mistake, and I apologize for that. There were less than flattering situations with two posters in particular Luntz and Haldrik, that I deleted. Those actions were deemed unacceptable, so I restored them. Again, I apologize for trying to "wipe my slate clean" as it has been stated. Among many lessons, a good lesson I've learned is that if you're going to argue with someone, don't argue with two of the loudest people around with nothing to lose. Because you'll win nothing in the end and it will never go away.

I think the best option for me when it comes to Luntz and Haldrik are just to ignore them. They are obviously never going to let things go, and will make harassing comments whenever they get the opportunity. I'll do my best to ignore them both and hope they get bored with it. The non-stop drama does have a way of finding me, so maybe I need to learn how to avoid it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Candor
    Sashafierce needs to be removed as moderator. I hope Kranar takes action here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogonis View Post
    And the sooner the better. There's sensitive information here, and people he doesn't like are at risk.
    The only sensitive information I had access to was the email address you used when signing up for the PC, and your IP address. I never had access to your PM's. Despite the many conspiracy theories tossed around in the 600?+ posts. The information I could use would have told me if a scammer had multiple PC accounts, what email addresses they had listed and their IP address. That would have been the information sent to Wyrom in the case of a scam. I'm sure Simutronics already has this information.

When I stated I don't have to be a visible moderator to do this. That's exactly what I meant. You don't have to be a moderator to report scams. I didn't have back end access to anything.
    So many people were saying so many different things, and making up so many stories about this or that, I probably should have just said nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunseed
    I have serious doubts that someone like Wyrom would provide his blessing, provided the amount of pain you have created in Staff email.
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...46#post1925046
    I overlooked this at the time, but I'm curious as to what pain I have created in Staff email. Assuming you mean GM staff email, how would you know anything about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chalion
    Don't forget, somehow SF is also the moderator of the stream chat for simucon as well. It's clear he's tangled with Simutronics in a way that I'm not entirely trustworthy of.
    During Simucon they didn't have (time?/attention?) an easy way to moderate the chat and someone was making fat jokes about some of the GM's. It was easier for me to remove the person, than it was for them at the time. So I was made a moderator. I moderated the chat every year since then. I'm not "tangled" up with Simutronics in any official way.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalion
    Then we need to know the specifics of what information is being passed back and forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaigh View Post
    We shouldn't be given this information, as it would then allow the scammers to know and react to it in a way that they could circumvent what protection there now is in place.
    This I agreed with, but people were demanding to know the details of everything. Now everyone knows that their email address is tracked, as is their IP. So all they have to do is use a fake email address, and a VPN, and they are much more likely to get away with a scam.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...77#post1925377
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrom View Post
    As I said to you in PMs, there is some context missing.
    I track many people down and talk to them.
    I've already stated everything. There are no conclusions required to jump to anymore.
    As I stated before, when Haldrik was posting how I scammed someone for a golvern segment, I was emailed by Wyrom who said I didn't do anything wrong. He is a very approachable guy, and if you have a problem with something and email him, he will 9 times out of 10 respond to you. He saw what was taking place on the PC and had received emails saying I scammed someone, so he reached out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogonis View Post
    Everyone has the right to provide their own information. You don't have a right to offer moderator-level information to a third party without consent.
    Everyone's information on the PC is available to be sent without your consent. It apparently is also easy to hack into.

[LNet]-GSIV:Kalros: "Hey Alastir, want me to send your name to a real hacker?" [10:16 PM]
    [LNet]-GSIV:Kalros: "Alastir, if i can get a hacker to cause your Stormfront to crash. Will you step down as super mod?" [10:17 PM]
    [Private]-GSIV:Kalros: "test" [10:19 PM]

Quote Originally Posted by lbaqwzfo View Post
    IP's Sasha Fierce has connected with (full address hidden so someone isn't murdered IRL, but they know)
    xx.xx.246.233
    xx.xx.240.5

Other accounts that have connected with those addresses:
    One Way Ticket
    Alastir

Users currently in the admin group:
    Kranar
    Sakarri

Users currently in the moderators groups:
    Soulpieced
    Edaarin
    Stretch

I don't know if you can keep mod/admin rights without being in the proper groups.

Kranar - security updates please.
    As seen here, there is obviously a VBulletin exploit that was employed to gain access to moderator/administrator level information.

Quote Originally Posted by SashaFierce View Post
    As Kranar stated, when the PC had issues, I contacted him about them. When the PC was hacked, I sent him an email. When the PC would go down, I sent him an email. When the racist spammer guy showed up, I sent him an email. When Wyrom posted about the recent scams, I sent him an email and offered to help moderate and track the issue. He said okay, and that's how I became a moderator. I didn't hack the PC to take it over. There was no cash payment, and no cocaine. I have never been banned from anything.

I obviously went about things the wrong way, because nobody seemed to care for the choices I made. That is my mistake, and I apologize for that. There were less than flattering situations with two posters in particular Luntz and Haldrik, that I deleted. Those actions were deemed unacceptable, so I restored them. Again, I apologize for trying to "wipe my slate clean" as it has been stated. Among many lessons, a good lesson I've learned is that if you're going to argue with someone, don't argue with two of the loudest people around with nothing to lose. Because you'll win nothing in the end and it will never go away.

I think the best option for me when it comes to Luntz and Haldrik are just to ignore them. They are obviously never going to let things go, and will make harassing comments whenever they get the opportunity. I'll do my best to ignore them both and hope they get bored with it. The non-stop drama does have a way of finding me, so maybe I need to learn how to avoid it better.

The only sensitive information I had access to was the email address you used when signing up for the PC, and your IP address. I never had access to your PM's. Despite the many conspiracy theories tossed around in the 600?+ posts. The information I could use would have told me if a scammer had multiple PC accounts, what email addresses they had listed and their IP address. That would have been the information sent to Wyrom in the case of a scam. I'm sure Simutronics already has this information.

When I stated I don't have to be a visible moderator to do this. That's exactly what I meant. You don't have to be a moderator to report scams. I didn't have back end access to anything.
    So many people were saying so many different things, and making up so many stories about this or that, I probably should have just said nothing.

I overlooked this at the time, but I'm curious as to what pain I have created in Staff email. Assuming you mean GM staff email, how would you know anything about it?

During Simucon they didn't have (time?/attention?) an easy way to moderate the chat and someone was making fat jokes about some of the GM's. It was easier for me to remove the person, than it was for them at the time. So I was made a moderator. I moderated the chat every year since then. I'm not "tangled" up with Simutronics in any official way.

This I agreed with, but people were demanding to know the details of everything. Now everyone knows that their email address is tracked, as is their IP. So all they have to do is use a fake email address, and a VPN, and they are much more likely to get away with a scam.

As I stated before, when Haldrik was posting how I scammed someone for a golvern segment, I was emailed by Wyrom who said I didn't do anything wrong. He is a very approachable guy, and if you have a problem with something and email him, he will 9 times out of 10 respond to you. He saw what was taking place on the PC and had received emails saying I scammed someone, so he reached out to me.

Everyone's information on the PC is available to be sent without your consent. It apparently is also easy to hack into.

[LNet]-GSIV:Kalros: "Hey Alastir, want me to send your name to a real hacker?" [10:16 PM]
    [LNet]-GSIV:Kalros: "Alastir, if i can get a hacker to cause your Stormfront to crash. Will you step down as super mod?" [10:17 PM]

As seen here, there is obviously a VBulletin exploit that was employed to gain access to moderator/administrator level information.
    K

Are you kidding?
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

Everyone is out to get you. Confirmed.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

The non-stop drama does have a way of finding me, so maybe I need to learn how to avoid it better.
    Keep blaming other people for the consequences your actions caused and making huge leaps in logic to disparage people you personally dislike, it's just more of the same bullshit.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Nitefallz: "wait whats a poop sock"

[Merchant]-GSIV:Skoll: "Some say the customer is always right, some say the customer is a bitch ass loser and needs to shut up"

[Private]-GSIV:Warclaidh: "what is booty percs"

Blog Entries

Well, to be honest, the last couple of days on the PC have been interesting anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

8. Default

Hey dickhead, stop being delusion and just shut the fuck up.

Edit: Seriously dude, I never had an issue with you before, and I don't care about you know. Just go about your business and stop poking the hornets nest.
    Last edited by Tyronebiggums; 03-06-2017 at 04:22 PM.

9. Default

Let's look at the upside. We now have one conveniently packed 60 page thread to link when Alastir tries to sell anything rather than the 15 threads he scrubbed outing him as someone who shouldn't be dealt with.

My sincere advice to you is to just take a mini break from the PC for a while. Step away for a bit and let things calm down. FWIW I think you're a good Simucon chat admin.
    Last edited by Maylan; 03-06-2017 at 04:30 PM.