Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Moderators

Default New Moderators

Hey guys, as you know most of the mods/admins who helped build this site over the past two decades have left or are inactive (including myself to be honest) and while for the most part things have been fine, there was a recent wave of spam and trolling in the Merchant's Market folder that needed to be dealt with quickly and which I did not have time to take care of. SashaFierce offered to help out to take care of it and I accepted their offer. Unfortunately however, I failed to provide any guidance or advice to SashaFierce regarding the role/responsibilities as I would have done so in the past for other mods and as a result things quickly ballooned out of control. SashaFierce has been respectful in stepping down as a moderator as a result of this but it has made clear the need for a new wave of moderators and potentially a new admin to help keep the site clean, especially during periods where a new member joins and decides to create issues for everyone.

As I am not very active I would like to leave it you guys to pick 2 new moderators for the site. You may nominate such members in this thread and afterwards I will post up a poll to select them. The poll will strictly be for guidance but it is my hope that after the nomination process we come away with 2 members who have the clear and overwhelming majority support of the community. Depending on how this process goes we will then use it to nominate additional moderators for the forums.

Ardwen and Whirlin

Thanks for popping in and clearing things up, Kranar. There were quite a few conspiracy theories flying around.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Ardwen, Whirlin, Durakar

Ardwen and Whirlin

Quote Originally Posted by SashaFierce View Post
    Ardwen and Whirlin
    Well now we can't trust Ardwen and Whirlin either. Great, it's all tainted now.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Would recommend someone familiar with VBulletin as well. There are Spam-O-Matic features that I'm not sure are paid for or can just be added to the site, that would cut down on a lot of your spam a well as IP ban the users.

I'd just recommend someone who's level headed, and not a d-bag. Or if they are a d-bag, at least let them be someone who acts slowly and not just drops the hammer on people for little/no reason.

I'd say Ardwen/Durakar just because I see them as more active in the merchant folder than Whirlin, but all solid suggestions. Also Alastir shouldn't get a vote and should stfu 5ever
    [LNet]-GSIV:Nitefallz: "wait whats a poop sock"

[Merchant]-GSIV:Skoll: "Some say the customer is always right, some say the customer is a bitch ass loser and needs to shut up"

[Private]-GSIV:Warclaidh: "what is booty percs"

9. Default

Me!

But if not me, Ardwen and Durakar.

That Whirlin is a shady character, and so is his bow. Never trust a person shorter than you whose feet are bigger and hairier than yours.
    ~@~The Alliance of High Elven Society's GSWiki Page~@~
    ~@~Support the Alliance: Check Out Our Endowment Shop~@~
    ~@~Ensorcelling Services - Enchanting Services - Sheath Making~@~
    ~@~COMING SOON: Forging Services - Cobbling Services - Fletching Services~@~

Quote Originally Posted by Luntz View Post
    stfu 5ever
    which is one more than 4ever so is more serious!