Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Happy Martin Luther Thrak's Day!

1. Default

How about just the finger?

I KID!

Why were the snow elves removed from the game? I have been looking in the forums and can't seem to find the explanation.

Years ago (back when Manny was chair of Twilight Hall) there was a myth of a Thrak that lived in the labyrinth at Twilight Hall. People left cookies and food for him. There were also old-ish stories that Icewhite used to recite around the same time as the ornaments were hung on the tree. There was a ball as well. People did call it Thrakmas, and I agree that the name is much like Christmas.

The thing is, no one ever told any of the players that the word was ooc, so it was commonly used. (At least, not that I can ever remember) Now, a group of older players still use the word because they recall the Thrak and those events.

I believe the snow elves were removed because they were essentially OOC. I can't say I remember them so no opinion on their loss there.

As far as Manny's story, that's the only story on Thrakmas that I know of. Creating an IC story for an OOC holiday doesn't automatically make it a sanctioned holiday. GMs aren't going to go out of their way to say it's not because there's nothing against policy to call some dreamed up holiday Thrakmas, just like they're not going to come down on people who hold up imaginary signs that say "Picker open" or honestly believe they're bunnies or roltons or pregnant.

Not being told to use or not use the term doesn't mean that it's a GS holiday.

Seasonal bump. Also Toy's avatar is still just as weird as it ever was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

whatever happened to her?

Bump.
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting

hi

Hey babe.

Let's start our own War on Thrakmas.

10. Default

Kuonzaa > Thrakmas