Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Happy Martin Luther Thrak's Day!

Kuonzaa, brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

2. Default thrakmas

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalTears View Post
    As far as Manny's story, that's the only story on Thrakmas that I know of. Creating an IC story for an OOC holiday doesn't automatically make it a sanctioned holiday.
    From what I learned on my brief time as an officer in Twilight, thrakmas is just something Manny and the like started and everything evolved from there, but that it is a twilight "holiday" that got generalized. So, part of documentation or not, there is an IG tradition of thrakmas, at least for some, despite it's obvious OOC references.
    Japhrimel takes his black branding iron and jabs the superheated metal into your open wound. You let out a scream as the hot iron sizzles against your flesh, which begins to smoke and burn. The sensation sets your nerves aflame with blinding white agony, but somehow you manage to retain consciousness through the excruciating procedure. At last, the wound is blackened and sealed, but the pain is slow to recede.

...unfortunately, your heart gives out a moment later.

Seriously? This again?

I think the bigger problem is someone having an issue with a simple greeting in a text based game and having to repost about it for seven years. Take it for what it is and move on already.

Reminds me of the whole Seasons Greetings/Happy Holidays versus Merry Christmas greeting debate. Fuck the whole politically correct thing.

PS. Merry Thraksmas!
    Freedom... is the ability to challenge yourself far beyond the constraints of traditional rule and order. We draw strength from our passions... we're driven by desire... even hatred can be a worthy ally when used against an enemy... and yet, we are told to turn our backs on these things... the very feelings, emotions... that make us all... human.

4. Default

Thrakmas is stupid but so is most roleplaying in general. 90% of roleplaying is coming up with IC explanations for OOC bullshit.

The best way to stay in character is to constantly act like you have no idea what the fuck anyone is talking about.

Bumping this one. Because tomorrow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mathari View Post
    Kuonzaa
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Khariz View Post
    Bumping this one. Because tomorrow.
    My birthday is Martin Luther King Jrs birthday too, and since they always recognize it the Monday after, I would always have off school. Woohoo

Thank you for celebrating this wonderful holiday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.