Thread: Happy Martin Luther Thrak's Day!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I believe the snow elves were removed because they were essentially OOC. I can't say I remember them so no opinion on their loss there.

As far as Manny's story, that's the only story on Thrakmas that I know of. Creating an IC story for an OOC holiday doesn't automatically make it a sanctioned holiday. GMs aren't going to go out of their way to say it's not because there's nothing against policy to call some dreamed up holiday Thrakmas, just like they're not going to come down on people who hold up imaginary signs that say "Picker open" or honestly believe they're bunnies or roltons or pregnant.

Not being told to use or not use the term doesn't mean that it's a GS holiday.

2. Default thrakmas

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalTears View Post
    As far as Manny's story, that's the only story on Thrakmas that I know of. Creating an IC story for an OOC holiday doesn't automatically make it a sanctioned holiday.
    From what I learned on my brief time as an officer in Twilight, thrakmas is just something Manny and the like started and everything evolved from there, but that it is a twilight "holiday" that got generalized. So, part of documentation or not, there is an IG tradition of thrakmas, at least for some, despite it's obvious OOC references.
    Japhrimel takes his black branding iron and jabs the superheated metal into your open wound. You let out a scream as the hot iron sizzles against your flesh, which begins to smoke and burn. The sensation sets your nerves aflame with blinding white agony, but somehow you manage to retain consciousness through the excruciating procedure. At last, the wound is blackened and sealed, but the pain is slow to recede.

...unfortunately, your heart gives out a moment later.