Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Speech

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    I love it. Trump manages to not sound insane for 90 minutes, and everyone is cheering.

Low bar anyone?
    Not nearly low a bar as you set for your Democrat party. The wicked witches of the east and west took incarnate form through Nancy "the mad hatter" Pelosi and Debby "I fixed the Democrat primaries" Wasserman Schultz.

Not standing for the wife of a fallen soldier is about as fucked up as it gets.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Not standing for the wife of a fallen soldier is about as fucked up as it gets.
    Donald Trump's first reaction to Army father Khizr Khan's passionate Democratic National Convention speech was to question Khan's wife's silence, implying Ghazala Khan wasn't allowed to speak during the speech because she is Muslim.

"If you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say. She probably, maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say. You tell me, but plenty of people have written that she was extremely quiet, and it looked like she had nothing to say," Trump told ABC News' George Stephanopoulos in an interview published Saturday.

Trump rebutted Khan, telling Stephanopoulos that he has made sacrifices through his success as a businessman. He also questioned if Khan wrote his own speech, asking, "Who wrote that? Did Hillary's scriptwriters write it?"

The Clinton campaign had offered the services of a speechwriter, but according to Politico, Khan declined, opting to write his address himself.

Trump said, "I think I've made a lot of sacrifices. I work very, very hard. I've created thousands and thousands of jobs, tens of thousands of jobs, built great structures. I've had tremendous success. I think I've done a lot."

In an interview with Maureen Dowd of The New York Times on Friday night, Trump's only response to Khan's speech was simply: "I'd like to hear his wife say something."
    The families of 17 service members who died fighting for the U.S. demanded an apology from Donald Trump on Monday, accusing him of "cheapening the sacrifice made by those we lost."

They said the Republican presidential nominee's suggestion that the Muslim mother of a U.S. soldier who died in Iraq had not "been allowed" to speak at the Democratic National Convention was akin to "attacking us."

A letter signed by the Gold Star families — the term for those who have lost loved ones during military service — also called Trump's comments "repugnant, and personally offensive."

"When you question a mother's pain, by implying that her religion, not her grief, kept her from addressing an arena of people, you are attacking us," the letter added. "When you say your job building buildings is akin to our sacrifice, you are attacking our sacrifice."
    k

I listened to the speech (I'd rather hunt the Rift than pay full attention), and my main thought was - if he keeps this up, he's probably President til 2020, at the very least. (my working theory is that he'll serve out at least a full term unless his approval rating goes into the 20s)

Did think he was using Owens as a shield to prevent investigation of the decision to order the raid in the first place, but it was effective.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    k

Want to deflect? K.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

I love it. Trump manages to not sound insane for 90 minutes, and everyone is cheering.

Low bar anyone?
    Someone sounds bitter we have a white man in office.

Quote Originally Posted by Kembal View Post
    I listened to the speech (I'd rather hunt the Rift than pay full attention), and my main thought was - if he keeps this up, he's probably President til 2020, at the very least.
    Why wouldn't he be president until at least 2020? You're not buying into the fake news that he'll be impeached are you?

7. Default

Low bar anyone?

Overweening arrogance combined with false superiority seems to be a common trait of many liberals....especially you.

You arent the penultimate......regressive and degenerate is much closer to the truth. Thats why libs keep lowering the bar, and handing out trophies just for participating. ......its the only way you can hope to compete.
    Last edited by Ravenwood; 03-01-2017 at 02:04 PM.

Low bar anyone?
    The low bar was some of the Democrats acting like petulant little children that didn't get their way.

I'm sure you didn't see that.. since they acted like you.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Want to deflect? K.
    I agree that Clinton seems like an awful person. Do you believe that what Trump said was worse than not standing up when some other people stood up?

Low bar anyone?
    You're such an idiot. Your behavior is the exact reason Trump was elected. You and your dumb party are completely ignorant as to how you come across.