Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Immigration Ban Hearing

Quote Originally Posted by Pin View Post
    Agricultural.
    This is an argument I'll never understand; justifying paying illegal aliens low wages because "no American would do that job."

Americans pick crops all over the country. I think the argument attempting to be made is "No American would work for the low wages the farms are offering because they want to make as much profit as possible."

What's really odd is this arguments comes from Democrats, the same people that want the minimum wage to pay 15 bucks an hour, but they don't want farms to even pay the current minimum wage. What?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    This is an argument I'll never understand; justifying paying illegal aliens low wages because "no American would do that job."

Americans pick crops all over the country. I think the argument attempting to be made is "No American would work for the low wages the farms are offering because they want to make as much profit as possible."

What's really odd is this arguments comes from Democrats, the same people that want the minimum wage to pay 15 bucks an hour, but they don't want farms to even pay the current minimum wage. What?
    Many illegal immigrants earn that much or more as farm workers. Their bosses love avoiding paying taxes and benefits. They're typically big Republican donors.

The Democrats naturally want to encourage future Democratic voters through a path to citizenship. You don't give a flying fuck about "the laws." You just want to discourage future Democratic voters... even if it means spiting ADM.

Blog Entries

Hell I did those jobs as a teen, roguing beans, spraying beans and detasseling corn. Best jobs around for a teen between 14-16.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Holy shit look at the pro-slavery folks come out of the woodwork.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorbird View Post
    Many illegal immigrants earn that much or more as farm workers. Their bosses love avoiding paying taxes and benefits. They're typically big Republican donors.
    Many illegal aliens make 15 dollars an hour and more because their bosses love avoiding paying taxes and benefits? So they can't lower their wages just slightly and hire legal American workers? Something sounds fishy here. Oh right, they are Republicans so of course it's all the Republicans fault.

You don't give a flying fuck about "the laws." You just want to discourage future Democratic voters... even if it means spiting ADM.
    Isn't it kind of prejudiced to assume all illegal aliens would naturally be Democrat? I swear you Democrats spit out more stereotypes than Republicans. You sure Republicans are the racist ones?

I also like how you claim I don't care about the law, I really just want to discourage future Democratic voters. Because yeah, everything I do I just about Democrat voters. Give me a breka.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 02-11-2017 at 05:31 PM.

6. Default

Many illegal aliens make 15 dollars an hour and more because their bosses love avoiding paying taxes and benefits? So they can't lower their wages just slightly and hire legal American workers? Something sounds fishy here. Oh right, they are Republicans so of course it's all the Republicans fault.

Isn't it kind of prejudiced to assume all illegal aliens would naturally be Democrat? I swear you Democrats spit out more stereotypes than Republicans. You sure Republicans are the racist ones?
    A lot of Hispanic families actually lean to the Conservative side of most arguments. Catholicism and all.

If people here really want an eye opener ask them how they feel about illegal aliens.
    Last edited by Ravenwood; 02-11-2017 at 05:34 PM.

I also like how you claim I don't care about the law, I really just want to discourage future Democratic voters. Because yeah, everything I do I just about Democrat voters. Give me a breka.
    If the Republican party actually cared they would've addressed this when they claimed they would... back when they last had three branches of government. ADM lobbied them out of it. It works better as something to blame the Democrats over though. You fantasize about stuff like that all day.

8. Default

Democrats the party of illegal aliens, criminals, child molesters, rapists, murderers, drug addicts and baby killers. Sure is something to be proud of isnt it?
    Last edited by Ravenwood; 02-11-2017 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwood View Post
    Democrats the party of illegal aliens, criminals, child molesters, rapists, murderers, and baby killers. Sure is something to be proud of isnt it?
    Certainly makes for some lovely propaganda for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwood View Post
    A lot of Hispanic families actually lean to the Conservative side of most arguments. Catholicism and all.

If people here really want an eye opener ask them how they feel about illegal aliens.
    Out of Cubans? Certainly. Mexicans for some reason are a little bit turned off by the Republican Party lately. The Republicans could've snatched up prospective voters by the boatload if they'd listened to W. Instead they turned on him en masse.

Most Cuban immigrants have a tremendous antipathy for Mexican immigrants, certainly, so they're more than willing to provide "eye openers." This becomes somewhat funny when you consider that not everybody who arrived in America during events like the Mariel boatlift were political prisoners.
    Last edited by Warriorbird; 02-11-2017 at 05:47 PM.

The Democrats naturally want to encourage future Democratic voters through a path to citizenship. You don't give a flying fuck about "the laws." You just want to discourage future Democratic voters... even if it means spiting ADM.
    Oh yeah, more to add to this. So the argument apparently isn't so much that the farmers can't afford to pay a normal wage to a legal worker it's...wait, what is the argument then? Sounds like we can go ahead and deport all of these illegal workers and the farmers would have no problem finding legal help because they are already paying double the current minimum wage.