Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Immigration Ban Hearing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Assuming SCOTUS even bothers taking the case. I'm not super familiar with the current Court's case history on State standing in immigration cases- which is the most likely point of contention between the Courts.

The other piece they may hit is the refugee provisions in the EO- those are a bit less clear-cut. I genuinely don't know to what extent- if any- the Immigration and Naturalization Act's prohibition on national origin impacts this. And I think the rational basis test may be a bit more favorable to the Trump administration on that one.
    They are guaranteed to take it, regardless of the outcome. Creating a precedence on this is something they'll want to do.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Excellent Tgo-style unwillingness to handle ambiguity.
    Uh, what? Why are you being ambiguous on purpose? What an odd defense.

Hey guys, I was just being ambiguous, learn to deal with my ambiguity! Did I mention I used to teach logic?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Uh, what? Why are you being ambiguous on purpose? What an odd defense.

Hey guys, I was just being ambiguous, learn to deal with my ambiguity! Did I mention I used to teach logic?!
    It is okay, she is just stupid.

I hate to spoil it for you, but if this court rules against Trump, then the Supreme Court will definitely take the case and will definitely rule in Trump's favor. It's just common sense that the President should be able to stop immigration temporarily from a country when he deems it to be dangerous, and it's equally common sense that the courts are not qualified to second guess his decisions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    I hate to spoil it for you, but if this court rules against Trump, then the Supreme Court will definitely take the case and will definitely rule in Trump's favor. It's just common sense that the President should be able to stop immigration temporarily from a country when he deems it to be dangerous, and it's equally common sense that the courts are not qualified to second guess his decisions.
    does your mom know you're gay?

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Erm. "Common sense" is not a legal argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    It is okay, she is just stupid.
    Might not want to have posted that right after talking about legal "precedence".

Your mastery of the English language is about as impressive as your understanding of jurisprudence.

Blog Entries

Might not want to have posted that right after talking about legal "precedence".

Your mastery of the English language is about as impressive as your understanding of jurisprudence.
    Sorry, precedent.

At least I know how elections work.

No, but I'll agree that you have no concept of the notion of case law. The different Circuits all have their history of legal decisions. 9th Circuit's relationship with Immigration law, Standing, and Executive Power is very different from, say, that of the 5th Circuit.

Excellent Tgo-style unwillingness to handle ambiguity.
    You are as familiar with case law as you are election law.

Which is only what you read on motherjones.com
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Kembal View Post
    With the possibility of a 4-4 split though, it's possible the 9th Circuit's judgment is the one that will count.
    Thanks to Dirty Harry Reid, we won't have to worry about the 4-4 split. It'll be 5-4 upheld in favor of the Trump Administration.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.