Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistols

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Yeah, it feels like there are only 3 types of people on the planets, Sig lovers, Glock lovers, and everyone else. I've never cared for Glocks though. I'll probably wind up with a Sig, just because they are more commercially available and the mags are slightly cheaper.
    The shop 2 blocks from my work makes silencers. I'm like a kid in a candy shop when I go in there.

Curious about this and you don't have to tell me or us if you don't want. Also don't say the name (I know you're not stupid) but what force would require that? Is this an auxiliary role or contracted role? I feel like for their personal liability they would provide the firearm unless you had an auxiliary role or if it was a small/under funded PD.

Pure curiosity and feel free to tell me to eat a shart or pound sand
    [Roll result: 120 (open d100: 94) Penalties: 10]
    You crouch, sweep a leg at Master Footpad Truaz and connect!
    Master Footpad Truaz falls to the ground! You deftly regain your footing.

[You have 1 repetition(s) remaining.]

** A spike on your spiked ora leg greaves jabs into the Footpad Truaz! **
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Well aimed shot, punctures calf!
    The Footpad Truaz is stunned!
    Roundtime: 5 sec.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Enuch View Post
    Curious about this and you don't have to tell me or us if you don't want. Also don't say the name (I know you're not stupid) but what force would require that? Is this an auxiliary role or contracted role? I feel like for their personal liability they would provide the firearm unless you had an auxiliary role or if it was a small/under funded PD.

Pure curiosity and feel free to tell me to eat a shart or pound sand
    It is a smaller PD, I think it has like 8 or 9 total officers, and yeah, I found it to be strange. Before I go to the academy though, they said I will need to purchase my own firearm. I'm cool with it though.
    Last edited by Gelston; 02-03-2017 at 06:43 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    The shop 2 blocks from my work makes silencers. I'm like a kid in a candy shop when I go in there.
    Pet peeve of mine, they are magazines and not clips and they are suppressors and not silencers. Don't own a gun and can barely fire anything outside of a shotgun but when I was working at the NRA those two things drove me bananas.

... 15 points of damage!

Blog Entries

Pet peeve of mine, they are magazines and not clips and they are suppressors and not silencers. Don't own a gun and can barely fire anything outside of a shotgun but when I was working at the NRA those two things drove me bananas.
    Haha, I always had to explain the difference between a clip and a magazine to some of my more artsy friends. One now takes pictures for a website for a gun manufacturer.

Makes sense for a small PD. Good luck and be safe. Don't have the balls to do what you do especially in this climate. While I don't live in your community I admire your duty to your local folks

... 15 points of damage!

Blog Entries

Makes sense for a small PD. Good luck and be safe. Don't have the balls to do what you do especially in this climate. While I don't live in your community I admire your duty to your local folks
    Thanks. I'd like to say it is all about serving my community, a part of it is, but a large part is that all other jobs just seem so dull dull dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    It is a smaller PD, I think it has like 8 or 9 total officers, and yeah, I found it to be strange. Before I go to the academy though, they said I will need to purchase my own firearm. I'm cool with it though.

First thought that came to mind.

In all seriousness though, use whatever you're most comfortable with and if you're unsure, find out what that is.

It probably goes without saying but, if you're potentially risking your life, use the maximum protection allowable by law that works for you, without exception.
    ---------------------------------

R.I.P. Sparkle Motion

Blog Entries

Oh yeah, I'm definitely going to get something I am comfortable with and something that is dependable.

And I'd love to work in a real life Super Troopers department.

I carry a Walther PPQ m2 chambered for .40sw. I have found this to be the most comfortable handgun I have ever fired, and the accuracy is fantastic.

P.s. I have put over a thousand rounds of all makes through it and have never had a jam or fail.
    Last edited by loxe; 02-03-2017 at 06:59 AM.