Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistols

Blog Entries

Default Pistols

So I may be getting a job as a cop where I have to buy my own pistol. I'm currently looking at getting a CZ P-09 in 9mm. I've read some good reviews of it, and hell, it holds 19+1. I've always preferred .45, but the sheer amount of ammo this pistol carries has me leaning towards it. Accuracy is great and all (which this pistol is said to also be pretty good at) but a pistol able to hold 20 rounds is a damn fine thing.

I know it is a reach with a lot of you nerds on here, but anyone have any experience with this weapon? Anyone have better suggestions?
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

I love my Sig Sauer P226, I believe its the standard issue for VA state police. Have you checked if they allow you to use your personal weapon? I know some departments don't allow it.

Last edited by drauz; 02-03-2017 at 04:28 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    I love my Sig Sauer P226, I believe its the standard issue for VA state police. Have you checked if they allow you to use your personal weapon? I know some departments don't allow it.

They require you to provide your own sidearm. I was looking at those as well.

I was looking at the Sig P320 also, but I've always been hesitant of striker-fired weapons.

the only complaints I've found for the P 09 is that it is big bodied, so not good for concealed... But as a Cop I won't be using it for concealed.
    Last edited by Gelston; 02-03-2017 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post

I was looking at the Sig P320 also, but I've always been hesitant of striker-fired weapons.

the only complaints I've found for the P 09 is that it is big bodied, so not good for concealed... But as a Cop I won't be using it for concealed.
    Upside of the Sig is the SRT, which I'd take over the additional capacity you're looking at for that CZ pile.

Also, in what circumstance do you envision yourself having to actually discharge 19+1 rounds and then possibly reloading?
    ---------------------------------

R.I.P. Sparkle Motion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ceyrin View Post
    Upside of the Sig is the SRT, which I'd take over the additional capacity you're looking at for that CZ pile.

Also, in what circumstance do you envision yourself having to actually discharge 19+1 rounds and then possibly reloading?
    Better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

Better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.
    Fair enough. I'm more of a fan of blowing my load all at once, so the SRT is where it's at for me. Especially in any kind of circumstance I can imagine where I'd rather have it and not need it.
    ---------------------------------

R.I.P. Sparkle Motion

Blog Entries

What about the Sig SP2022? It's hammer fired.
    Last edited by drauz; 02-03-2017 at 05:25 AM.

Blog Entries

What about the Sig SP2022? It's hammer fired.
    The French police use it, so I know it can handle being dropped! Sigs are all definitely on my list to check out. I plan to get a list of stuff to rent at the range and fire off later.

I'm just glad yall aren't saying "dur1911dur!!!" like this FB group I'm in.

Blog Entries

The French police use it, so I know it can handle being dropped! Sigs are all definitely on my list to check out. I plan to get a list of stuff to rent at the range and fire off later.

I'm just glad yall aren't saying "dur1911dur!!!" like this FB group I'm in.
    Its reasonably priced at around $500 as well.

I'm biased though, I love my Sig.
    Last edited by drauz; 02-03-2017 at 05:29 AM.

Blog Entries

Its reasonably priced at around $500 as well.

I'm biased though, I love my Sig.
    Yeah, it feels like there are only 3 types of people on the planets, Sig lovers, Glock lovers, and everyone else. I've never cared for Glocks though. I'll probably wind up with a Sig, just because they are more commercially available and the mags are slightly cheaper.