Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposed celebration on Teras - 120 years and counting

Default Proposed celebration on Teras - 120 years and counting

With the upcoming OFFICIAL celebration of 120th anniversary of Kharam Dzu, I thought i'd just set one contest. The following has been posted in the officials:

So I thought I'd set a contest as my way of celebrating the upcoming celebration.

Limerick Contest

This contest is simple. Provide the last line for the limerick below.

The prize will be the donation of 15 minutes of alteration time recently won.

A young Kharam Dzu dwarf named Zale
    Went to Bentock's and drank too much ale
    He awoke in the bed
    Of a buxom red head
    {Your submission}

Keep it clean-ish please.. Can be funny, clever, imaginative. I'll be judging. Will try and rope in some other judges too.

Just email your submissions to me at bremerial@gmail.com before 11.59pm EST on 5th June, with the character name and i'll announce the winner of the contest on the 6th June at around 8pm EST, before other scheduled festivities take place at 9pm.

Can I ask for one submission per account (although I'll have no way of checking)
    Last edited by bremerial; 05-31-2017 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Contest Set
    Bremerial God'thor

Valinda accepts Aneris's embalmed puppy.
    Valinda blinks.
    Valinda frowns at an embalmed puppy.
    Aneris accepts Valinda's puppy pelt pantaloons.
    Speaking to Valinda, Aneris says, "Thanks again.... I'll be back with more dead puppies if I happen tah find yah around."
    Valinda says, "Nooo."
    Valinda exclaims, "Ive filled my dead puppy quota, sorry!"

Sounds awesome lets do it.

We can have CHEs/MHO support it too so count Helden in!

You can have sentral run his roulette table I once won 30 million off him in a single night!! Man that guy has a bank roll!
    Last edited by Helsfeld; 01-16-2017 at 08:46 PM.

4. Default

drinking contest while locked in the Hoylette!

Count me in, Bremerial. Happy to organise something through Sylvanfair and/or Elanthian Elegance to support you.
    Rohese's GS Wiki page

You arrange yourself on the throne.

You attend to your gold wirework circlet, carefully smoothing the hair underneath, and adopt a regal air as you survey the area.

You think to yourself, "I got this"

Getting some really positive responses. Excellent all! Let's do this..

Will start by thinking through timings. Need to avoid clashes with other events. I'd better find out what events are scheduled this year.
    Bremerial God'thor

Valinda blinks.
    Speaking to Valinda, Aneris says, "Thanks again.... I'll be back with more dead puppies if I happen tah find yah around."
    Valinda says, "Nooo."

Ummm

>>The 120th anniversary is definitely on our radar. We're still working on the project, so no announcements are being made at this time!
    >>~Galene

I still think working on some of the ideas stated above is a good idea. Can't have too much of a good thing...
    Bremerial God'thor

Valinda blinks.
    Valinda says, "Nooo."

8. Default

Are there dates yet?

Obsidian Tower is in assuming the scheduling works out.
    Truth, Justice and the Arabian way!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan Dreams View Post
    Are there dates yet?

Obsidian Tower is in assuming the scheduling works out.
    No dates yet. Still early days.

Galene's announcement in the Officials that that the 120th anniversary is on the official radar is a promising sign, but i'd like to still go ahead and make arrangements for a players orchestrated festival. If we get a date for an official event, then we can integrate plans made here with any official schedule. Normally with official events there are a number of gaps in timings where players are left to their own devices, to take a breather, or play with NPC characters in automated games and challenges. So there is scope for inclusion of anything we produce to fill those gaps.

I will take a pragmatic approach. I will hope for an official event of some type to be arranged but plan for the no event manifesting itself, to ensure that we actually have something take place this year. (No disrespect meant to officialdom. Consider this a nodding recognition of the fact that even the most organised of us can suffer from what is euphemistically called 'slippage' and good intentions cannot always manifest themselves as deeds.)

Realistically you are talking about 4 months to arrange everything as a minimum, given other external commitments of everyone. Obsidian Tower and Helden Hall - your offers of support are appreciated. Will also be touching base Elvenlady regarding the possibility of organising something through Sylvanfair and/or Elanthian Elegance.

As I say, my first task is to discount weeks which are already heavily committed for presheduled events. I will write to Wyrom and ask which months/weeks are best to be avoided based on festivals already scheduled-ish.

Since Ive been banging on and on and on about this for a while, I thought id raid my locker and donate some neat items as prizes. I'll stop short at my armor and bane claid but other than that, will use anything I can find as a prize. Hell, its a good cause.

..which reminds me, if anyone else has items they'd like to donate as prizes, let me know.

That's about it for now. Thanks for listening and let the planning BEGIN!
    Bremerial God'thor

Valinda blinks.
    Valinda says, "Nooo."

Quote Originally Posted by bremerial View Post
    No dates yet. Still early days. ... Will also be touching base Elvenlady regarding the possibility of organising something through Sylvanfair and/or Elanthian Elegance
    I already have my year tentatively mapped out for both Sylvanfair and Elanthian Elegance/The Looking Glass but more than happy to shift things around to accommodate you! We'll discuss firming up plans once you get a better idea of dates from the PTB.

Excited!
    Rohese's GS Wiki page

You arrange yourself on the throne.

You attend to your gold wirework circlet, carefully smoothing the hair underneath, and adopt a regal air as you survey the area.

You think to yourself, "I got this"