Thread: Google Sheets Character Manager

Default Google Sheets Character Manager

Hi all, it's been a while, eh.

The other day I was thinking I should start learning Google Sheets, and I figured I'd do it the same way I learned Excel so long ago - by making a Gemstone Character manager.

Here is the link

It's by no means finished.

Trainer.jpg

Features - v0.10 beta
    - Skill trainer with post-cap training
    - Hideable rows via drop-downs
    Hide bonus rows, hide unused skills, hide levels (all, show the 10's, show 5's, "Level +" currently does nothing)
    - Enhansive values to each skill, stat, etc.
    - If you modify the Level, the experience is auto-populated / If you modify the experience, the level is auto-populated
    - You can save and restore up to 15 characters.
    The character tab stores them - you can delete the ones in there
    Select "<Empty>" in the character list to clear the trainer
    Be sure to put in a name at the top, when you want to save, select "Save Character" in the drop down.
    Then to restore a character, just select that character (it takes a minute).
    Note: If you switch to another character or wipe the trainer without saving, you lose your progress.
    - RS Parry is # of hidden runestaff ranks for parry
    - DF redux is the DF calculation, I think it needs... 300?... to kick in?

Still to do:
    - Add comments to each value
    - Add auto-min/max stat selection
    - Add stat value errors (>4 over 70, etc)
    - Add bonus skill enhansives as well as rank
    - Combat Maneuvers, Armor, Shield
    - Combat tab - DS, AS, CS, TD, Maneuver, Roundtime, Society, etc
    - Magic tab - Self-cast spells by level. scroll invoke, miu, enchanting, ensorcell, etc
    - Lockpicking tab - lock mastery, box difficulty, etc

Funny things I noticed:
    - You can't rotate text? How weird.
    - I tend to despise macros in spreadsheets (often to my own detriment). But there's not much difference in Sheets, and there were a few things I wanted to do that I couldn't have done without a script.
    - Since you can't rotate text, I had to make the post-cap trainer a bit less easy to understand than my excel version.

-------------

It's not all that awful. It's frankly faster than I thought it would be (not sure that's necessarily saying much). I'm still learning the script system, so there's probably a lot of things I could do to speed that part up too.

Anyway - you can make your own copies or leave some suggestions here. I'm sure there's mistakes as I haven't played in many years - I'd guess there's changes not reflected (I'd be particularly aware of Monk skills & stats). Apparently I have sorcerers and rogues and not much else - so that's all I could really test it against. I will probably keep adding things. I'm a bit worried about it getting slower as I add things.

Have fun
    Last edited by Deathravin; 01-15-2017 at 04:18 PM.

Looks pretty good... as an FYI, the base class/profession selection (bard/aelotoi) can't be played with on the copy in your link, since it's in view-only mode. That can be remedied by people copying the sheet to their own Drive (or you could set the sheet to be edit-able by anyone with the link, but I wouldn't suggest that, since this is a public forum, or by giving people a edit-password if they ask for it).
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~