Thread: North Korea

Default North Korea

North Korea will probably claim with credibility within four years that it can hit the U.S. with a nuclear weapon, a potential time bomb for Donald Trump’s re-election prospects, according to Christopher Hill, a former senior U.S. diplomat who led talks with the reclusive regime.

The chance of multi-country negotiations resuming soon with North Korea is “pretty much nil,” Hill said on Saturday in an interview in Singapore. The former assistant secretary of state for East Asian and Pacific affairs, who was ambassador to South Korea from 2004-2005, said Kim Jong Un was likely to keep improving his arsenal and the options for countering him were limited.

“Contrary to what many people have said, they are not testing the new administration, they are testing weapons of war,” Hill said. “And sooner or later, but certainly within the next four years, within the first mandate of Trump, they will announce with credibility that they have a deliverable nuclear weapon.”

More...
    This will be a tough problem to solve. Should Trump meet with Kim Jong-un? In May of last year, Trump said,"I would speak to him, I would have no problem speaking to him." If Kim Jong-un visits the White House for a state dinner, what should Trump serve?

Based on his crazy public remarks, I'm afraid Kim Jong-un is mentally unbalanced. It's scary to think of a country with nuclear weapons ruled by someone mentally unbalanced.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

Blog Entries

He should serve egg rolls. That is what all them asian fellers eat
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    It's scary to think of a country with nuclear weapons ruled by someone mentally unbalanced.
    I see what you did there.