Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas for Wyrom

Default Ideas for Wyrom

Let's start a thread to centralize ideas for Wyrom so in case the LORD decides not to be Omnipresent (Jesus mode) he can glance here.

I'll start with my divinely inspired ideas:

- Make Banditbane work against players of the Rogue class
    - Make Giantbane work against giantmen players
    - Make Extraplanar bane work against Aelotoi players

New Ranger or Empath skill: Troll aspect (possibly offshoot of Troll's blood)

Player assumes new race (troll) including attributes of trolls. Natural critical padding, fire vulnerability, regeneration, higher strength.

Sticky glove. Could be a common treasure drop. Would amplify coins + gems taken through pickpocketing. Also would run risk of the glove sticking inside a container when pickpocketing. Basically higher risk/higher reward.

Battle roll. A warrior does a cartwheel, somersault into another room, lowering defenses, reducing RT for a cman/wgld attack, or providing reduced RT for an attack. Cannonball option for attacking into rooms from a "down" room, which would cause a knockdown. Or cannonball attack <npc> would cause a flying strike with more RT but considerable crit weighting. Rogues could do it from hiding as an ambush attack.

5. Bandit camp. Warcamp but bandits hideout. They would use the Ithzir Scout pillage mechanic on deaders.

6. King of the hill PVP event. Connecting with a spell/weapon for damage sends the other person reeling down the hill. Last man standing wins. Bonuses to those with a certain amount of knockdowns. Certain spells obviously banned. Very few defensive spells allowed if at all.
    Last edited by Luftstreitkräfte; 12-21-2016 at 07:17 PM.
    Guro Inosanto - Filipino Martial Arts Demo at the Smithsonian
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKKZuS8c7rM

I once pushed the idea of "Nightmares" which would be basically an 'undead warcamp' for Voln. The GM I spoke to about the idea basically said they didn't want to just copy/pasta the Grimswarm mechanics and plug in different creatures. This was back before the Voln update though.

But I do think the bandit camp idea would be pretty cool.

I'd like to see some kind of 'end-game' for COL members, via assassination tasks, or other deviant stuff. GoS at least can get a Warcamp score and points, though they don't do much. Voln can stock up on favor.

But CoL is basically a bastard step-child left over from the ICE age. Typing in some lore and giving it a purpose would be nice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stry View Post
    I once pushed the idea of "Nightmares" which would be basically an 'undead warcamp' for Voln. The GM I spoke to about the idea basically said they didn't want to just copy/pasta the Grimswarm mechanics and plug in different creatures. This was back before the Voln update though.

But I do think the bandit camp idea would be pretty cool.

I'd like to see some kind of 'end-game' for COL members, via assassination tasks, or other deviant stuff. GoS at least can get a Warcamp score and points, though they don't do much. Voln can stock up on favor.

But CoL is basically a bastard step-child left over from the ICE age. Typing in some lore and giving it a purpose would be nice.
    CoL can also take zero effort to master and can be done in a day. I always viewed that as the trade off. Easy to master with good offense and defensive buffs, but no "good" utility. To raise the societies skills it would seem they would need to make it more challenging (or time consuming) to master.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    CoL can also take zero effort to master and can be done in a day. I always viewed that as the trade off. Easy to master with good offense and defensive buffs, but no "good" utility. To raise the societies skills it would seem they would need to make it more challenging (or time consuming) to master.
    He's not asking for extra utility, he's just asking for something to do with the society once mastered instead of "ok here's your powers, we got your soul, kthxbai"

Quote Originally Posted by Kalishar View Post
    He's not asking for extra utility, he's just asking for something to do with the society once mastered instead of "ok here's your powers, we got your soul, kthxbai"
    Exactly. Voln and CoL both need more end game. GoS I feel was a bit of a missed opportunity to have more done, but the fact that they have Tasks they can do as a way to get saturated is very nice.

Something like:

>ask poobah about task

The Grand Poobah sneers at you, "Ah good. Just who I needed. One of our former allies has fled. The fool is gathering friends and is plotting against us. Our eyes and ears tell us they have setup a hideout around the areas of [Inser Area Here]. We're calling upon you to put a stop to this traitor. This will send a message that the Council is not to be disobeyed. Find the hideout. Silence this traitor. Permanently."

You then get to go find a 'bandit hideout'. Sneak in and assassinate, or fight your way in. Basically a Shaman/Warchief task.

Other possible tasks:
    Assassinate a traveling merchant. "Will be found somewhere on the path between Solhaven and Wehnimer's Landing" Find the wagon train, fight the guards, kill the target. You ARE the bandit.

Graverobbing - "The Council is interested in a particular artifact. Unfortunately, this item was buried with its late owner. Go to the tomb in [Insert Area] and retrieve the item." You have to then infiltrate a guarded tomb, search through coffins and find the artifact. Kinda similar to heirloom tasks, but doing something illegal.

Silence "We've just heard that one of our members has been running their mouth over at Helga's Tavern. Take care of it. Quickly. Don't be seen. (Can only get this task if you train in Silent Strike.) You ARE the assassin that comes for talking about the Order.

Each task earns you rep, or something.

Also GoL Rep should be usable, much like AV Guild points.
    Last edited by Stry; 12-22-2016 at 03:06 PM.

Blog Entries

Reim is the voln endgame.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    Reim is the voln endgame.
    For favor sure, but it's not tied directly to Voln mechanically aside from that.

Reim is GS's version of a raid with ties to microtrans. Which I am totally down with. I'm hoping we have versions of this kind of thing that aren't all undead in the future. I ran it for the first time the other night, and even though Strydyr is GoS, I still had a lot of fun.

I desperately want to get adventure guild tasks that are undead/not undead ...
    ~ Peppwyn

Allow dead pc's to be carried over non-draggable areas taking into consideration strength, PT, maybe climbing, a nice bonus from active surge of strength cman, and of course factor in race for both rescuer and corpse.

Blog Entries

A bath.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984