Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Explain Your God Auction Item Mechanics!

Blog Entries

Default Explain Your God Auction Item Mechanics!

To all the winners tonight... If you want to, use this thread to explain the mechanics of your items that you won!

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

They aren't gods! Ha.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

Blog Entries

Mechanical Quiver is permanent Torkington Quiver, explained on this post:
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...ghlight=quiver

Basically: Put in Shafts, (optional, add paint), (Optional Cast Spell), Turn crank, receive arrows.
    With 100 shafts, the TURN QUIVER command takes 60 seconds. It will make all 100 arrows if you put 100 shafts in there. Minimum RT appears to be 10-15 Seconds, and I assume some even/random distribution of RT depending on shaft count.
    RT is reduced with 535

Arrows look different as well. Using Faewood and Silvery white paint, I created:
    "spiraled silvery white faewood-shafted arrow"s

I have been testing interactions with 304. When I cast 304 from a scroll, my faewood arrows were only +8. However, when I had a cleric cast bless at the quiver, they were the full +20.

There's also special messaging when firing:

You nock a spiraled silvery white faewood-shafted arrow in your dark sephwir longbow.
    A subtle pure white light glints off the tip of a spiraled silvery white faewood-shafted arrow, leaving a faint trail as it travels through the air.
    You fire a spiraled silvery white arrow at the undead thing!

I've tested the same arrow, and was able to fire it about a dozen times. HOWEVER... I made a stack of arrows to someone else, and it didn't work for him:
    The silvery white arrow crackles once and grows dim. in the same line that is otherwise subtle pure white

If I use an element, I get double flares... a normal flare, and a poof flare:

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.701961)]You fire a spiraled silvery white arrow at a short grey goblin warrior! AS: +463 vs DS: +411 with AvD: +20 + d100 roll: +36 = +108 ... and hit for 1 point of damage! Talk about a close shave! Let's try closer next time.Your dark sephwir longbow fades some. [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.701961)] As your silvery white arrow hits a short grey goblin warrior, it emits a burst of flame! [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.701961)] ... 15 points of damage! Burst of flames char abdomen a crispy black. [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.701961)] The tip of the silvery white arrow suddenly shatters and bursts into a ball of flame! [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.701961)] ... 50 points of damage! Skin and some muscle burnt off chest.Roundtime: 6 sec.Roundtime changed to 1 second.[/COLOR]

a crown-capped white faewood runestaff
    Self-Knowledge of 306
    306 has the acid degeneration against undead as though you had 30 ranks of religion lore
    +10 Spiritual Lore: Religion Ranks
    Wizard Only
    Last edited by Whirlin; 12-20-2016 at 11:24 PM.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

4. Default

got a 3x 1235 master quality flute - raise to activate. And the plinite wristband that will generate a confluence opening, though I didn't realize until after bidding it wouldn't generate an exit, which kind of sucks, but whatevs. Happy with both, though I had really wanted that build your own.

a horse-carved white ivory flute - Stylized galloping horses have been incised across the bone-white ivory surface of the flute. Age has darkened the ivory along the incisions, resulting in the carved horses standing out starkly, outlined in brown, and yellowed at the edges.

Loresong:

A bright light flashes before your eyes and when your vision begins to clear you find yourself staring at what was not before you previously. The new scenery is that of a lush green field underneath a clear cerulean sky. A harras of ponies can be seen scattered across the field munching on the bounty of the land and colts frolicking with one another.

Far off in the distance at the end of the lush field lies the lake of Khesta 'Dahl. Faintly noticeable at the edge of the lake seems to be a dock and slight movement happening upon it.

Suddenly, the scene dissolves altogether.

A second bright light flashes before your eyes and when your vision begins to clear you find yourself staring from upon the lakeside dock now. A young halfling lad sits upon an overturned pail with a lengthy fishing pole in his hands.

The lad seems relaxed and content in his fishing, even if you notice he isn’t catching anything at all. Every so oft the lads turns to whistle loudly at the horses, corralling them and calling back any that may have wandered too far.

Another bright light flashes before your eyes and when your vision begins to clear you find yourself back amongst the ponies in the lush field.

The sky begins to darken quickly, and a strike of lightning illuminates a tall elf atop a hilltop off in the distance. He wears ebon black robes and wields a runestaff crafted of witchwood. Thunder booms loudly as lightning cracks, and the harras of ponies begin to neigh in a terrified manner and corral together in one tight-knit group.

Turning to look off in the distance toward the dock, the faint form of the halfling lad can be seen rushing toward the field as fast as his hairy little feet can take him, waving his arms wildly as he whistles loudly toward the ponies.

The bright light flashes again before your eyes, and when your vision begins to clear you find yourself standing atop the hillside beside the crazy-eyed elf in black robes. His hands are moving in intricate patterns in the air as a growled voice chants archaic phrases.

A sickly green miasma forms in the air around the elf before he thrusts his hands forward sending the jade-hued cloud quickly toward the corral of ponies. The ponies begin to neigh in an even more high-pitched tone before crashing lifelessly, one by one, to the ground.

Right as the halfling lad reaches the dead zone, the cloud dissipates into the air, leaving the lad unharmed. The lad screams out in rage and recites a vow of revenge upon the black-robed Ardenai elf that caused such death and destruction.

The bright light flashes again before your eyes, and when your vision begins to clear you find yourself back in the once-lush field. A circle of death surrounds you, as the only thing left now are the decayed remains of the magnificent ponies. Even the grass below your feet has dared not grow back in the area.

Nearby upon a rock sits the halfling lad, yet not a lad now. He has aged considerably since the event years ago and now mumbles dark curses underneath his breath as he turns a flute over and over in his hands.

The bright light flashes again before your eyes, and when your vision begins to clear you find yourself suddenly in a grand ballroom. All around you, elves dance the night away cheerfully, laughing and sipping fine wine.

At the edge of the room a vast table has been set up and pushed back against one wall. Upon the table sits a finely penned placard that reads, "Wedding gifts for King Aemon and Princess Elsevel." Movement near the far end of the table draws your eye toward a short, hunched-over robed figure, who sets a flute upon the table and then hobbles out of the ballroom as quickly as his old hairy feet will take him.

No one else seems to have noticed the extra gift placed upon the table.

The bright light flashes again before your eyes, and when your vision begins to clear you find yourself suddenly back in the grand ballroom, now empty except a few servant girls cleaning up the place after the wild celebration.

A young elven girl takes a moment to distract herself from the cleaning to gaze over the vast amount of gifts upon the table. She makes her way to the end of the table, and her eyes seem to brighten excitedly as she sets her sights upon the flute.

Quicker than the blink of an eye, the elven servant snatches up the flute and tucks it away in her bodice, then glances about to see if anyone had noticed. A soft murmur can be heard underneath her breath saying, "They obviously don't pay me enough silvers to clean up after them."

The bright light flashes again before your eyes, and when your vision begins to clear you find yourself outside the city of Ta'Ardenai. The young, elven servant girl stands nearby and is pulling the flute out of her bodice.

She quickly raises it and begin to play, but no noise escapes at first. She tries again and it sounds, loud and horrendous. She pauses, giggling, and then continues to play.

You sense a visceral change in the air as a symphony of spectral instruments fill your mind. The elven maid lowers the flute with a frown.

All of a sudden a gaggle of roltons rush into view and charge straight for the girl. Their eyes are bloodshot and a white foam seeps from their jowls. They leap toward her and land roughly upon her, knocking her to the ground, and then mauling apart her body in fervor. Blood and guts fly in all directions.

The frenzied cacophony fades from your mind, and the gaggle of roltons stop their attack abruptly. One by one, they turn and walk calmly into the distance and out of sight; the white foam disappearing from their mouths and the bloodshot look in their eyes fading quickly.

All that remains of the young girl is a shredded bodice and the flute resting atop it.

The faint sound of frenzied, chaotic music echoes across your mind before fading away.

a glowing plinite wristband - This rough wristband appears to shaped entirely out of solidified elemental essence. Unlike most plinite, the surface is entirely free of cracks and is very solid to the touch. A wholly inaccessible core glows brightly from within.

This is a small item, under a pound. In your best estimation, it's worth about 1,000,000 silvers.

You sense a faint aura of magic surrounding the wristband. From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the wristband is unusual, but the exact use escapes you.
    Last edited by shad0ws0ngs; 12-19-2016 at 09:48 PM.
    Japhrimel takes his black branding iron and jabs the superheated metal into your open wound. You let out a scream as the hot iron sizzles against your flesh, which begins to smoke and burn. The sensation sets your nerves aflame with blinding white agony, but somehow you manage to retain consciousness through the excruciating procedure. At last, the wound is blackened and sealed, but the pain is slow to recede.

...unfortunately, your heart gives out a moment later.

Ice cream churn -
    Takes two food products - Looks like it needs to see a "flavor" in the item name. For example - a chocolate chip cookie makes chocolate chip ice cream. Blueberry wine made blueberry. Some brandy was brandy ice cream. Pumpkin and fudge also worked.
    You can combine two flavors together.
    Analyze:
    This rhimar-lined churn is an ice cream maker. You could PUT appropriate food items into it and TURN the handle in order to churn it into ice cream or sorbet, depending on whether milk has been supplied. You can choose up to two flavors. If you change your mind, you can CLEAN the churn to empty out the chamber.

This churn is also fitted with a milk reservoir that you can FLIP on and off, a cone sleeve that you can TWIST open and closed, and a toppings carousel that you can SPIN. Once you have chosen a topping, you can PUSH the churn to either apply the topping to your dessert or brewed tea or coffee. If not topping a treat, you can PUSH the churn to place some of the topping into the chamber to flavor the next treat.

Toppings are: Cinnamon, raspberry syrup, cherry syrup, strawberry syrup,blackberrey syrup, chopped hazelnuts, scrapped vanilla bean pods, chocolate syrup, brightly colored sprinkles, chocolate shavings, white chocolate shavings, gooey marshmellow topping, whipped cream!

The ice cream and sorbet has a chance to cause brain freeze for 5 seconds of RT. Is lightly scripted with making a mess, like donuts, and gooey brownies.

Now with more loresong!

As your voice penetrates a rhimar-lined churn, the faint sound of bells echoes around you, followed by the laughter of a young child. A sudden chill fills the surrounding air as snowflakes brush against your face and a scene before you unfolds.

A young halfling child calls out, "Father!" as a boy charges in your direction and through you, stopping before a large wooden wagon filled with a variety of fresh fruit. A man hops down and scoops his young son up, spinning him in the air as the boy giggles furiously. "Soon you'll be old enough to travel with me and gather all the fruit for the shop," the man says as he tickles the small boy. The boy's face breaks into an enormous grin, and he nods with enthusiasm, stopping his father with a tight hug around his neck. On the ground once again, the duo make their way toward a small cobblestone house, each one grasping an overflowing basket of fresh fruit.

Through the frame of the frost-covered window, you observe the warm embrace between husband and wife as the young boys jumps up and down, awaiting another spin in the air. The smoke from the chimney suddenly obscures the vision, returning you back to your surroundings.

As you continue your song, the once refreshing chill of your previous vision has become a biting, unrelenting snowstorm. Sheets of ice fall at perilous angles, blinding your line of sight, but a pause in the gusts reveals the man yelling out into the storm, his cupped hands covered in thick leather gloves. A taller boy, the son aged at least a decade, emerges from behind a weathered wooden wagon, leading the horses toward a small stable.

A loud peal of thunder breaks the silence of the evening, and your vision becomes a blur of scenes assaulting your senses: a horse rearing in fear, the young boy throwing his hands up for protection, the father arriving to push his son away, the unmoving figure lying in the snow, the uncontrollable sobs drowning out the thunder... and with a bright flash of lightning, the vision disappears.

As your eyes open, you are once again in front of the cobblestone house, and the now-dilapidated wagon rolls slowly toward the front. A young man jumps down from the seat, rushing to grab a pair of wicker baskets, and spills several brightly colored fruits upon the snowy ground. A door opens, and an older gentleman emerges, leaning heavily upon his cane. The younger man runs up to him, embracing him tightly, his arms animated as he regales his father with tales of his travels.

The father smiles and laughs alongside his son, but his gaze is a melancholy one as he walks back inside the house. The son glances at his father's form, then the pieces of fruit laying upon the snow. A moment of realization dawns upon him, and he quickly gathers a number of supplies, rushing off with tools and fruits in hand.

Your song draws forth a familiar cooling breeze, the fall of snowflakes once again dancing about your form. The elderly gentleman sits quietly, gazing out a window at the snow-covered wagon outside. The tinkling sounds of bells catches his attention, and he turns, surprised by the scene in front of him. The young man holds out a small wooden barrel, a familiar grin upon his face. "I've found a way to enjoy our fruits without having to travel!" he exclaims. He places his contraption upon a table, then places a small basket of ingredients within it. He shows his father the proper way of sealing the barrel and turning the crank, his words a jumble of excitement and joy. The father nods along with the words, his smile quickly morphing into a grin that rivals his son's as he opens the churn to discover the finished treat.

The boy tilts his head inquisitively toward his father, awaiting a verdict. The father turns, slowly standing up to face the boy, then immediately lurches forward, father and son embracing as the vision fades in a flurry of silvered snowflakes.
    Last edited by chalion; 12-18-2016 at 02:37 PM.

some gem-encrusted platemail (6x)

Seems to work just like the gem-eater weapons, only with padding instead of weighting.

I slapped in an uncut diamond and it now assesses as Very Heavy Critical Padding. So, I'm guessing rubies will be +15 Damage Padding. I rather doubt I'll be using the flare gems, but ANALYZE tells me there are 15 different options.

https://gswiki.play.net/Gem-eating_weapon

rune-carved dark veil iron hammer 5x, lightning flares (which I really want to strip off so I can bond and get double plasma), RAISE to cast quake and TURN to cast call wind. (one costs 24 mana and one costs 28 mana). Special abilities cause between 3-5 seconds of RT.

Loresong is amazing, and it makes a storm appear in the entire region after because Tamuz rocks.

Loresong:
    As you sing, an image forms in your mind...
    You are high in the skies, looking down on the peaks of the Dragonspine Mountains, though they are not quite as they should be. Certain features are out of place as you realize these must be the Dragonspines of the distant past.

A grandfather storm is brewing in the skies around you as brilliant bolts of blue-white lightning strike through the air, lancing down to assault the rocky surface of the Dragonspines below you. Amid the raging storm, a singular column of azure light and lightning emits an eerie blue glow, casting the entire scene in a ghostly cobalt luminescence. Tens of thousands of lesser elementals storm toward what could only be the form of Veiki, Great Elemental of Lightning.

As you continue your song, the dark veil iron hammer begins to rumble in your hands, emitting a thunderous bellow...
    Lightning crashes all around you as shards of stone and rock fly from the surface of the mountain below you. With a titanic rumbling and creaking of stone, a face begins to appear in the stony surface below you. The gravelly visage slowly opens its eyes and stares up into the skies, its granite gaze passing over you.

With painful lassitude, giant arms raise themselves from the side of the Dragonspine Mountains and slowly begin to swat at the assembled lightning elementals. Speed is on their side, but not every nimble elemental can escape the inevitable momentum of the giant stony fists as some are smashed onto the sides of the Dragonspines. The slow rage of Ghatha takes its toll on Veiki's assembled forces.

Your vision suddenly turns as you see an impossibly huge hand of stone moving toward you. It is too late to avoid it as you brace for the impact...

The surrounding air feels as though it is thickening, the sudden stillness only interrupted by a faint rumble echoing from the distance.

As you continue your song, the image slowly and lethargically comes to your mind...
    Trapped! You are completely and utterly trapped. You can not move. You are bound in granite. All around you other lightning elementals suffer the same cruel fate. Straining mightily you still can not travel through the surrounding strata. Shaking with the impotent rage of a caged rat does not change your prison. Looking up you see the form of Veiki begin to dissipate as the stony arms that brought you down to an earthen embrace slowly lose their animating force and crumble back toward the Dragonspine Mountains once again.

Time passes with painful fatigue as the walls of your jail are strengthened. Thousands of earth elementals slowly reinforce the walls, binding your form with veins of metal from deep within the mountains as they craft a perfect prison. You begin to lose contact with the other elementals who are likewise imprisoned near you as their metal cages are completed with painstakingly protracted precision.

As voluminous grey and black-colored clouds begin to engulf the once-clear sky, the swiftly forming storm blows in as if guided by unseen hands. Thunder rumbles in the distance and the scent of ozone fills the air.

As your song continues, the field of your vision narrows to encompass a single, aged giantman...
    The elderly giant walks a narrow, winding path up the peaks of the Dragonspine Mountains, slowly making his way toward a summit. Near the top, he removes a satchel of tools and begins to take measurements with an assortment of mundane and arcane instruments. Satisfied with his findings he produces a pickaxe from his pack and slowly chips away chunks of peculiar metal-veined stone from the side of the mountain. Each swing of his pickaxe releases tiny slivers of lightning from the stony surface.

The vision falters but refocuses again on the aged giantman, this time in a smithy...
    You watch in moments a process that must have taken days to complete as the elderly smith refines the material he harvested from the sight of the Elemental War. Each step is accompanied by elemental discharges, which the smith carefully mitigates or wards against during the process. Bit by bit, workable metal is produced, which the smith eventally begins to form into a rune-carved dark veil iron hammer. With a slow and steady hand, Saramar runes are inscribed on the hammer as arcane phrases are chanted, culminating with the smith raising the dark veil iron hammer overhead. A small bolt of lightning leaps from the dark veil iron hammer, eager to be free of its confines at long last!

Strong gusts of wind whip about the area, the howling drowned out only by the guttural sounds of thunder. The incoming darkness is pierced by bolts of bright lightning, the sky opening to release a torrent of rain.

All in all- very happy with it. More so than I thought I would be originally.
    Last edited by time4fun; 12-18-2016 at 08:24 PM.

I want a storm!
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

an ebon-hilted razern longsword

4x, MCW, +15 Edged Weapon Ranks, +15 Physical Fitness Bonus, almost an innumerable amount of charges, fully unlocked Siolan scripts. Nice show -

Like a sliver shorn from a midnight sky, the blade of the razern longsword is an uncompromising black, save for a single streak of deep blue that runs from the crossguard and down along the fuller. The guard itself is made of the same material, composed of sharp lines and utilitarian design that dissolve into the contoured figure of the grip, which is sheathed in ebon-hued leather bound in a crosshatching of silver banding. A sphere of riftstone serves as the pommel, trapped in a cage of twisting razern. You see nothing unusual, except for a small enchanter's glyph.

I bought a new house. I feel bad for outbidding Rohese, because I know she really wanted it, but I also really wanted it and I passed up other offerings to wait for it.