Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Narost - add a new map

1. Talking Narost - add a new map

Anyone know how to add a new map to narost? I created a map of Silvergate Inn (my first map and hopefully not last). I'd also love to help add the new Burrows map added too.

I'm not sure if I should send Tillmen an email with the map and corresponding room numbers, dig into code etc.

Any input or advice is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Mice; 12-01-2016 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Deleted Silvergate Inn Map

2. Default

Just dug this up. Not surprisingly, Tillmen already answered this! http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?57828-lrn2map

Nice job on the maps!

4. Default

Couldn't have done it with Allereli sharing the Twilight Hall map with me. I literally never opened Visio before this and that map was my whole model.

Quote Originally Posted by Taar View Post
    Nice job on the maps!
    the Burrow map is also mine.
    PB: One day you'll need this number: 988.

I have told Mice this privately, but I'll let everyone know publicly. I thought it was a given, but you should not completely copy someone's mapping style. If someone is nice enough to release their source files, at least try to make it your own.

While there is a "special thanks" there is no clear indication that the mapping style is mine.
    Last edited by Allereli; 12-01-2016 at 01:19 PM.

What is a mapping "style"? I have never made a map, but all narost maps look pretty alike (in style) to me.

Was it a copy of a logo or compass or something like that?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Allereli View Post
    I have told Mice this privately, but I'll let everyone know publicly. I thought it was a given, but you should not completely copy someone's mapping style. If someone is nice enough to release their source files, at least try to make it your own.

While there is a "special thanks" there is no clear indication that the mapping style is mine.
    Wow. So spending hours mapping something out in-game and on paper and then translating it into Visio by yourself counts for nothing I suppose.

Since I copied Allereli's colors (I felt other maps at times are are bland) I felt that warranted a special notation.

Apparently I stole the whole thing and stole the style.

Don't worry, I'll delete the map from the wiki and remove and links. Don't want to ruffle any feathers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JNewhall View Post
    What is a mapping "style"? I have never made a map, but all narost maps look pretty alike (in style) to me.

Was it a copy of a logo or compass or something like that?
    using the exact same color scheme and font combinations. If you want to give proper credit, fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mice View Post
    Since I copied Allereli's colors (I felt other maps at times are are bland) I felt that warranted a special notation.
    you didn't credit exactly what was from me. I have told you how to rectify it.