Thread: Divinity: Original Sin 2

Default Divinity: Original Sin 2

The game is literally a masterpiece, if you play Gemstone you have to experience original sin. If you're a Brit I guarantee you know or have bumped into every NPC in this game in real life, they are bloody hilarious. Lord Withermoore is my year 9 science teacher.

Inventory management is still frustrating but overall it's great. Loving the multiplayer with a friend
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

Blog Entries

The reviews have been quite positive. I didn't like the first game. What changes, if any, would there be that would make the second one more enjoyable?
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

You'd have to be more specific with what you didn't like in the first game.

As winter said, dialogue is too notch. You feel for characters and genuinely laugh at times. Combat is also incredibly satisfying and fun to watch your character grow and become more powerful
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

Blog Entries

I bounced off the game pretty hard. Seemed like a slow start and getting anything accomplished took a long time. Likely isn't for me.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Blog Entries

How does it compare to the first one? A couple friends pressured me into the first's co-op and it wasn't too spectacular.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

I didn't care much for the first game either. I tried and tried and tried to like it. Just wasn't doing. I can't lay my finger on exactly what, I mean... Hell, I loved all the NWN games, Baldur's Gate, Pillars of Eternity, etc, etc... But That game just wasn't something I could get sucked into. 2 does look great and hopefully this one is more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    How does it compare to the first one? A couple friends pressured me into the first's co-op and it wasn't too spectacular.
    I didn't play multiplayer coop with the first one but this one functions identically to SP with MP coop. No issues, combat is insanely fun with a friend there. Before this thread I would've thought everyone would be going ham over Div2 because of its similarities to tapletop RPG's.

It's deep, the conversations are meaningful and exploration is rewarded. I think relative to say mass effect it probably feels a bit slow and possibly a bit tedious at times, but the damn storyline/dialogue is so fucking good.

IMO it's a bit on the tedious side to gear out and manage 4 characters but the game lets you choose a perk (lone wolf) that buffs 2 people as if they were a group of 4 which IMO is much more fun and most people have at least a buddy they can play with so it sets that up as well.

Virtually any combination of skills/perks/tactics will have some degree of success and its really fun trying out new combos. Presently my buddy and I stomping through as dual melee (warfare/polymorph) builds and having a blast.

I'm amazed so many people disliked the first one! I thought the first one was an utter masterpiece. The second is also great, though the combat is more challenging (and rewarding). Besides a few issues with the interface (inventory management, like Alashir said, as well as a few problems in multiplayer with dialogue participation between players), my only real "gripe" with it is that it's missing the humor that I loved in the first game.

It's a blast in multiplayer.
    Last edited by Ashliana; 09-29-2017 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    I'm amazed so many people disliked the first one! I thought the first one was an utter masterpiece. The second is also great, though the combat is more challenging (and rewarding). Besides a few issues with the interface (inventory management, like Alashir said, as well as a few problems in multiplayer with dialogue participation between players), my only real "gripe" with it is that it's missing the humor that I loved in the first game.

It's a blast in multiplayer.
    If they announced in the upcoming patch that there would only be half as many boxes to search with appropriate loot compensation I don't think I'd be upset. That is a lot of searchable containers.