Thread: Shield Maneuvers and Undead

Default Shield Maneuvers and Undead

I realized whenever I do shield bash or tramp it's hitting undead; I've blessed it. Is this normal?
    Last edited by macgyver; 10-25-2016 at 01:32 PM.

That is normal. I do not think the spikes will work without a bless, though. Not specific to undead, but another good thing about certain shield moves like trample and shield push is that they work on creatures normally immune to shield attacks like cerebralites and rift crawlers.

Blog Entries

You lunge forward at a skeleton with your celestial blue greatshield and attempt a shield bash!
    You bash with your greatshield but the undead is immune to that form of attack!
    Roundtime: 5 sec.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

That's so cool that you can bless your shields now and it'll hit undead. I remember when blesses were just cosmetic on shields. Neat!

And paladins (as well as clerics) can use sanctified shields. Plus, paladins can use 1604 on a sanctified shield and add plasma flares to their shield maneuvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    And paladins (as well as clerics) can use sanctified shields.
    I didn't think clerics got any benefit out of sanctified Shields because they do not have shield maneuvers available to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    I didn't think clerics got any benefit out of sanctified Shields because they do not have shield maneuvers available to them.
    I'd be curious to know if 1604 flares reactively on armor and shields because a Cleric can still get 1604 flares with sanctified items. Just need a scroll or a paladin friend and 15+ ranks in blessing lore (works with sanctified runestaves as well).
    Last edited by Maerit; 10-27-2016 at 02:22 PM.

1604 does not flare defensively on armor or shields. However, I think 1604 flares would work offensively with a sanctified runestaff for a cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluvius View Post
    1604 does not flare defensively on armor or shields. However, I think 1604 flares would work offensively with a sanctified runestaff for a cleric.
    They do, I've used them on my cleric and it was fun, but too high maintenance to be really worth it.