Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ideal monk training

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Grab a good THW and use stange of the mongoose.

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    Punch is the most popular for a lot of reasons. For one it's just plain a holdover from before the RT adjustments (when grapple and kick lowered a second), before that punch was CLEARLY the best per time spent doing stuff. But, it's still "good enough" to kill things, so there's no reason to spend the extra RT kicking in most people's (mine included) estimation. Kick might be interesting if you were like, REALLY focusing on reim or some other hunting that precluded you from crit killing. Because then you could mstrike kick to pump out the raw damage per second on those things. But punch gets the job done, and is fast. I kinda wanna try fucking around with grapple more but, punch gets the job done. If i was short race I would do grapple, only because of the hilarious mental image of a halfling/gnome jumping all over things and hugging them to death.

By focusing on punch you can also spend the silvers on good gloves, which are more plentiful than good boots (not there there's a plethora of fun things for either, looking disappointedly at you again 2016 auction) and reap the benefit of that purchase when you're jabbing which...you're always going to jab so, why not get that benefit? (unfortunately punch mastery does not help with jab). The most obvious choice for a mid-high end gear investment for a monk killing living things being the 6x greater fire flaring from duskruin, realtively easy to get and the spam once you get mstrike rocking is fun.

I'd honestly prioritize getting at least up to rank 2 in whatever mastery you choose before finishing perfect self. Perfect self is awesome, don't get me wrong, but the diminished returns from point investment for the high ranks don't outpace the immediate return of 15 MM / 15% tier up chance you'll get from mastery which will make a BIG difference.
    For what it's worth my tier 3 attack is grapple (although I've never looked at it from the perspective of "hugging them to death" which I love. I'll prioritize mastery as you suggested before finishing off perfect self.

As far as attacking goes, because we get so many stuns/throws/knockdowns by virtue of UAC, I've simply prioritized enchanting my gloves/boots and gone the voln route in order to maximize the amount of critters I can take on.

Thanks again for the advice.

-Rort
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel