Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3D Content, yours for the asking

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Justify it however you like. It doesn't make you any less of an asshole for stealing from an artist.
    Justify it? I'm giving personal files away. I'm not profiting in any way. The only result I hope to see is more people picking up this hobby. Your self-righteous rant is noted. I'm sorry you feel so threatened though. I know your type so I'm not surprised.
    Last edited by Tisket; 10-08-2016 at 04:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Justify it? I'm giving personal files away. I'm not profiting in any way. The only result I hope to see is more people picking up this hobby. Your self-righteous rant is noted. I'm sorry you feel so threatened though. I know your type so I'm not surprised.
    It's got nothing to do with you not making any money off of it. Other people lose money off of it, and you know that. You're not stupid. You're not stealing from a corporation. You're stealing from an individual. There's plenty of actual free content out there to be had by anyone who would like to pick up 3D Design. Don't give away the shit that individual artists work hard on and then charge small, reasonable amounts for.

Blog Entries

It's got nothing to do with you not making any money off of it. Other people lose money off of it, and you know that. You're not stupid. You're not stealing from a corporation. You're stealing from an individual. There's plenty of actual free content out there to be had by anyone who would like to pick up 3D Design. Don't give away the shit that individual artists work hard on and then charge small, reasonable amounts for.
    I've spent over 10k on my content library. I OWN that shit. The artists haven't lost anything.
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

I've spent over 10k on my content library. I OWN that shit. The artists haven't lost anything.
    If you paid for it, which I seriously doubt, based on the fact that I just did a torrent search and one of the most recent uploads is a hairstyle you just used two days ago in one of your renders, it does not entitle you to give it away to other people who would otherwise also have to pay for it. DRM doesn't work that way. I had to pay an extra $600 to even use Daz related models and textures in software development on top of what I paid for the models and textures themselves.

Don't be a scumbag. Don't steal. There is no side of this where you're in the right.

If you paid for it, which I seriously doubt, based on the fact that I just did a torrent search and one of the most recent uploads is a hairstyle you just used two days ago in one of your renders, it does not entitle you to give it away to other people who would otherwise also have to pay for it. DRM doesn't work that way. I had to pay an extra $600 to even use Daz related models and textures in software development on top of what I paid for the models and textures themselves.

Don't be a scumbag. Don't steal. There is no side of this where you're in the right.
    I can confirm Tisket has paid for a shit ton of models...I have seen her Daz Store list....go crawl in a hole.

edit: I have also seen her renderosity list.
    Last edited by Dendum; 10-08-2016 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendum View Post
    I can confirm Tisket has paid for a shit ton of models...I have seen her Daz Store list....go crawl in a hole.

edit: I have also seen her renderosity list.
    Great. Then she's entitled to use them. She's not entitled, legally, morally, or in any other way, to give them away to anyone she wants.

Blog Entries

Seriously doubt all you want. I was underestimating the money I've spent. The only scumbag here is you for trying to shit on a altruistic offer.
    I like penis.

Seriously doubt all you want. I was underestimating the money I've spent. The only scumbag here is you for trying to shit on a altruistic offer.
    DO. NOT. STEAL.

It's not a difficult concept. You are not legally, morally, or in any other way entitled to give away licensed properties.

Blog Entries

DO. NOT. STEAL.

It's not a difficult concept. You are not legally, morally, or in any other way entitled to give away licensed properties.
    No, I'm not allowed to profit from it. I'm not. Relax, asshole.
    I like penis.

10. Default

DO. NOT. STEAL.

Stop being such a twat.