Thread: Crit weighted weapon add to bonus to CMAN rolls....?

Default Crit weighted weapon add to bonus to CMAN rolls....?

Anyone else notice the bonus you get when doing CMANs....ever notice them change if you swap out weapons?

I was playing around on the test server with TRIP to see how things play out and I noticed the bonus for my rolls changed when I went from one weapon to another.

Weapons I used were:
    a translucent vultite-alloy quarterstaff (5x, masterfully crit weighted, weighs 9 pounds)
    a perfect maoral-shafted zorchar quarterstaff (1x, lightning flares, weighs 5 pounds)
    a vultite quarter staff (4x, weighs 4 pounds)

Not encumbered. Armor Use 42 ranks. Wearing Chain Mail.
    Going against the same creature. The creature had a right leg minor and a broken left leg on all trip attempts.

[Roll result: 186 (open d100: 95) Bonus: 1]
    With a fluid whirl, you plant a perfect maoral-shafted zorchar quarterstaff firmly into the ground near a forest ogre and jerk the weapon sharply sideways.

[Roll result: 149 (open d100: 52) Bonus: 7]
    With a fluid whirl, you plant a translucent vultite-alloy quarterstaff firmly into the ground near a forest ogre and jerk the weapon sharply sideways.

[Roll result: 139 (open d100: 48) Bonus: 1]
    With a fluid whirl, you plant a vultite quarter staff firmly into the ground near a forest ogre and jerk the weapon sharply sideways.

I don't own any other crit weighted weapons to test this with, so I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this. Also, it appears that the translucent vultite-alloy quarterstaff adds to the base roll as well from using the above numbers.

a translucent vultite-alloy quarterstaff: base roll = 96 (149-52)
    a perfect maoral-shafted zorchar quarterstaff: base roll = 91 (186-95)
    a vultite quarter staff: base roll = 91 (139-48)

Maybe this is already known knowledge or I'm just not understanding all the numbers here and looking at it wrong, if so someone correct me.

-Yulis

Can you repeat the testing on fresh kobolds or something? And do one fresh kobold for each different weapon.
    The enhancive king of chicago

Bonus comes from WSPEC and Bonding ranks. And then is also mitigated by such on the target.

If I'm in the warrior guild, and I'm disarming someone who is using a vanilla weapon, I get a 20 bonus with my fully bonded weapon (because I get 10 for 5 ranks of WSPEC and 10 for 5 ranks of bonding).

If I disarm someone with 5 ranks of WPSPEC but no bond, my bonus will be 10.

If I disarm someone with both WSPEC and completed bond, my bonus is 0.

Granted the above numbers are for PCs. I have no idea how/why mobs mitigate the bonus number. Not exactly anyway.

Edit: I've never heard of crit-weighting affecting that, but it would be cool if it did.
    Last edited by Khariz; 08-31-2016 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khariz View Post
    Bonus comes from WSPEC and Bonding ranks. And then is also mitigated by such on the target.
    Then that would explain things. I do have 3 ranks of BOND to the crit weighted weapon, which would explain the +6 difference I see. Good to know. I didn't realize that being bonded to a weapon added to the base and bonus rolls. Thanks for the info!