Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: (true or lesser) Black Ora OHE

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Oh I found plenty of those in Duskruin. Just reminded me that I wanted a Major. Thank you for pointing out the discrepancies though. Hopefully I've updated my opener to be a bit more clear.
    I think the RTCF ones are scripted, just not nearly as much, and have void flares. So slightly better than critter dropped ones but not on par with the iasha style ones from earlier releases.

Edit: I just grabbed one from RTCF from my locker, and despite being sold on a shelf next to the iashas, it seems fairly bland beyond the flares. If it does have scripts, I couldn't find them.
    Last edited by Menos; 08-29-2016 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    There's two types of pure black ora. One is major and minor. The main difference between the two is enchant level, with minor being 4x and major being +30, and major being able to teleport you once a day.

I can see how I confused people. I'll update the opener to be more specific.
    T2 black ora can be 4x-6x.

T3 could theoretically be less than 6x (they did one or two unlocks of existing black ora I believe), but they're mostly 6x.

If folks want to tell if their black ora weapon is the right kind, check your WIS and STR while holding it. If they both go up by 3, then it's the right kind of black ora.

And if you ATTEND it and are teleported somewhere, you'll know it's T3.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    T2 black ora can be 4x-6x.

T3 could theoretically be less than 6x (they did one or two unlocks of existing black ora I believe), but they're mostly 6x.

If folks want to tell if their black ora weapon is the right kind, check your WIS and STR while holding it. If they both go up by 3, then it's the right kind of black ora.

And if you ATTEND it and are teleported somewhere, you'll know it's T3.
    Quoting for opener.

Daily boost.

5. Default

It's worth noting that this late in the hour there are some minor pure black ora weapons out there that have been PP enchanted (I have one that is). So the enchant doesn't necessarily indicate that it's T2.

And for the record, I don't believe there are T1, T2 and T3. Most pure black ora aficionados will just refer to them as greater or lesser, with greater having the attend teleport. Enchant can vary, and thus a lesser black ora weapon could hypothetically be 10x, and I'm pretty sure a few odd 5x greater black ora weapons were released. In all other regards aside from attend teleporting, I think *all* pure black ora weapons have the same qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by zennsunni View Post
    It's worth noting that this late in the hour there are some minor pure black ora weapons out there that have been PP enchanted (I have one that is). So the enchant doesn't necessarily indicate that it's T2.

And for the record, I don't believe there are T1, T2 and T3. Most pure black ora aficionados will just refer to them as greater or lesser, with greater having the attend teleport. Enchant can vary, and thus a lesser black ora weapon could hypothetically be 10x, and I'm pretty sure a few odd 5x greater black ora weapons were released. In all other regards aside from attend teleporting, I think *all* pure black ora weapons have the same qualities.
    Yeah I think people fundamentally understand that premium point enchanting exists.

And while "greater" and "lesser" was how they were referred to when they were released, I'd argue that was because it was a simpler time before black ora was a part of treasure generation and before the RtCF weapons. There is also almost assuredly a 1/2/3 on the back end of the script. That'd typically be how they deal with tiers. It's possible it's just a 1/2, but I do vaguely recall a GM posting that it was a 1/2/3 when they were first released. (I remember being confused about what a 1 would functionally mean)

It's been a while though.

Also, my black ora is better than yours. Bow before me.
    Last edited by time4fun; 08-31-2016 at 02:05 PM.

I burped.

Also bumping.

Another bump

Boop

Still looking.

Also NECROMANCY