Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (true or lesser) Black Ora OHE

Default (true or lesser) Black Ora OHE

Yep. I'm back in the search for this.

Note - This is not the White Ora equivalent. This has disruption flares, idle messaging, and caps out at +30 or so.

Note 2 - I am not looking for creature found objects. That is impure black ora. I am looking for Major or Minor pure black ora. The key difference between the two is the teleportation (major) ability and enchant level. Major black ora will be at +30 and Minor black ora should cap out at +20. If you're unsure of what you have, please seek a bard.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    T2 black ora can be 4x-6x.

T3 could theoretically be less than 6x (they did one or two unlocks of existing black ora I believe), but they're mostly 6x.

If folks want to tell if their black ora weapon is the right kind, check your WIS and STR while holding it. If they both go up by 3, then it's the right kind of black ora.

And if you ATTEND it and are teleported somewhere, you'll know it's T3.
    Last edited by Astray; 08-29-2016 at 07:38 PM.

I think i have one I will look when i get home

Quote Originally Posted by dez View Post
    I think i have one I will look when i get home
    Let me know!

I have a black ora scimitar. Creature found and do not know anything about it; just threw it in the locker.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafinzus View Post
    I have a black ora scimitar. Creature found and do not know anything about it; just threw it in the locker.
    If it's creature found, it's very much likely an impure one.

Just to be sure, you are looking for the auction level stuff that came out first (around the iasha time) and not the off the shelf "smart weapon" style scripted black ora that came out later? True I know to be the first type but not sure what you mean by lesser.

Quote Originally Posted by Menos View Post
    Just to be sure, you are looking for the auction level stuff that came out first (around the iasha time) and not the off the shelf "smart weapon" style scripted black ora that came out later? True I know to be the first type but not sure what you mean by lesser.
    There's two types of pure black ora. One is major and minor. The main difference between the two is enchant level, with minor being 4x and major being +30, and major being able to teleport you once a day.

I can see how I confused people. I'll update the opener to be more specific.
    Last edited by Astray; 08-29-2016 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    If it's creature found, it's very much likely an impure one.
    Are you interested in it?

I figured that is what you meant but just wanted to be sure. I have a spattering of the off the shelf ones from RTCF if that had been what you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Menos View Post
    I figured that is what you meant but just wanted to be sure. I have a spattering of the off the shelf ones from RTCF if that had been what you wanted.
    Oh I found plenty of those in Duskruin. Just reminded me that I wanted a Major. Thank you for pointing out the discrepancies though. Hopefully I've updated my opener to be a bit more clear.