Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found in Landing

1. Post Found in Landing

Found rather nice weapon in a sheath under the bench in TSC Landing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daralundy View Post
    Found rather nice weapon in a sheath under the bench in TSC Landing.
    Definitely nice of you to try to find the owner. Just wanted to mention though, you can't accidentally put something under the tsc bench, (at least I don't think), so it's possible they left it there for someone to find.

*Edit: although maybe it was just the sheath they meant to leave and not the weapon.
    Last edited by Viekn; 08-11-2016 at 12:55 PM.

If they put item in sheath versus my sheath maybe? Not sure the mechanics for items under the bench but I do know something similar has happened to me for an item on the bench, someone was nice enough to point it out after 5 minutes of me being completely confused as to the whereabouts of my weapon
    [Roll result: 120 (open d100: 94) Penalties: 10]
    You crouch, sweep a leg at Master Footpad Truaz and connect!
    Master Footpad Truaz falls to the ground! You deftly regain your footing.

[You have 1 repetition(s) remaining.]

** A spike on your spiked ora leg greaves jabs into the Footpad Truaz! **
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Well aimed shot, punctures calf!
    The Footpad Truaz is stunned!
    Roundtime: 5 sec.

Of course you can, due to the parser being stupid. If you don't specifically use "MY" as you are instructed to by Thraak, the parser will put your weapon in the sheath on the ground. Same for backpacks. Snerts used to troll TSC by putting open containers there to trap the careless into this loss potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarakan View Post
    Of course you can, due to the parser being stupid. If you don't specifically use "MY" as you are instructed to by Thraak, the parser will put your weapon in the sheath on the ground. Same for backpacks. Snerts used to troll TSC by putting open containers there to trap the careless into this loss potential.
    Even if a sheath is "under" the bench, and not just on the ground? I didn't think it could do that.

6. Default

Just tested it out. Indeed it does do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Daralundy View Post
    Just tested it out. Indeed it does do that.
    Man that's a bitch. Not sure what system it is that uses #'s to identify items, but would be nice if you could designate just 1-3 item #'s that another item could be put in, that way if you type "put xxx in sheath" instead of "put xxx in my sheath", it would kick back something like "that is not one of your designated containers".

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    Man that's a bitch. Not sure what system it is that uses #'s to identify items, but would be nice if you could designate just 1-3 item #'s that another item could be put in, that way if you type "put xxx in sheath" instead of "put xxx in my sheath", it would kick back something like "that is not one of your designated containers".

Thus the SHEATHE and STOW verbs.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    PB: One day you'll need this number (800) 273-TALK.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    Also STORE.