Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No Man's Sky

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    I have it pre-ordered... There was a lot of day 0 drama... Let me take you on a journey back in time...

Apparently, someone paid $1300 in an auction or something to get a pre-release copy of the game with absolutely no strings attached. This guy did like, all the posts to all the reddits, videos, streams, and wrote up a review that I can only describe as Whirlin-esque. The heavy-hitter in the review was that there were some underlying mechanics that could be abused relatively easy to generate substantial in game currency, and that he felt he had 'completed' all content in approximately 30 hours of gameplay, including all side-stuffs. Normally, that's a decent amount of gametime, but when the publishers boast quintillions of stars that you can traverse, blahblahblah, it's kind of a letdown in total content.

So, developers went into high gear to not only address the concerns of Mr. Moneybags, but also to revamp some other areas of concerns with world generation, rewriting plot, and all other sorts of stuff. These reviews came out like, a week ago, and with the release originally scheduled for the 8th, based on the descriptions of the day 0 patch, there was a LOT of underlying mechanics adjustments in order to address the concerns.

I think the developers did the right thing. They had a specific vision of the game in mind with a certain quantity of gameplay. The proposed release version did not live up to their own expectations. From the potential players' perspective, it sucks to have to wait a few more days, but, they're clearly taking the review to heart and making sure that they're putting their best foot forward, so that whatever we begin to play on the 12th will be closer to what they envisioned for us.
    There is no way they were able to work on all of the issues that they fixed in response to that one guy playing the game. Those updates had to be in the works for quite a while. There was some debate as to which game he got, some kind of media demo game possibly. The PC version was always going to be released after the PS4 version by a few days. They were limited on what they could say though due to contracts I'm sure with Sony since Sony made them a big deal via E3 and all that jazz.

That being said, I think the game accomplishes what they originally set out to do and the developers are interested in adding more features that the community wants. We'll see how that all pans out. I think its a pretty fun game from the perspective of simply exploring a universe.

It isn't a majorly in depth game by any means but I think it's pretty neat.

Blog Entries

Is there actual minecraft crafting or just upgrade your ship "crafting". Can you build better tools/weapons that you use to gather/kill?
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Is there actual minecraft crafting or just upgrade your ship "crafting". Can you build better tools/weapons that you use to gather/kill?
    You don't build your own stuff, you buy upgraded ships/tools with more slots and then add modifications to them that you discover. Those modifications require resources that you then are able to craft and equip onto your ship/suit/spacecraft.

NMS has real multiplayer now with the Next update that just came out. All kinds of other new shit that I haven't caught up on yet too. I ended up starting over since I haven't played in forever but the game has had a ton of shit added to it since release.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-09-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    NMS has real multiplayer now with the Next update that just came out. All kinds of other new shit that I haven't caught up on yet too. I ended up starting over since I haven't played in forever but the game has had a ton of shit added to it since release.
    so it isn't gay as fuck now? I still have it.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Base game hasn't really changed from release so if you didn't like it when it came out you're not going to like it now. There's more stuff to do now and I've been playing the hell out of it since the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    So far yeah. I haven't really gotten to any of the new content since last time I played other than building some little shit base, but what's there so far has been noticeably improved.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I feel like it would be pretty boring playing solo, so the multiplayer updates are nice. But, if this game were a MMORPG, like Eve, with some PvP involved somehow I feel it would be pretty epic.