Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Man's Sky

Blog Entries

Default No Man's Sky

Anyone playing it yet? It's out on PS4 as of the 9th, but doesn't make it to PC until the 12th.

Trailer:

I'd love to hear impressions on whether or not you're enjoying it, or if it was what you thought it would be.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Blog Entries

I have it pre-ordered... There was a lot of day 0 drama... Let me take you on a journey back in time...

Apparently, someone paid $1300 in an auction or something to get a pre-release copy of the game with absolutely no strings attached. This guy did like, all the posts to all the reddits, videos, streams, and wrote up a review that I can only describe as Whirlin-esque. The heavy-hitter in the review was that there were some underlying mechanics that could be abused relatively easy to generate substantial in game currency, and that he felt he had 'completed' all content in approximately 30 hours of gameplay, including all side-stuffs. Normally, that's a decent amount of gametime, but when the publishers boast quintillions of stars that you can traverse, blahblahblah, it's kind of a letdown in total content.

So, developers went into high gear to not only address the concerns of Mr. Moneybags, but also to revamp some other areas of concerns with world generation, rewriting plot, and all other sorts of stuff. These reviews came out like, a week ago, and with the release originally scheduled for the 8th, based on the descriptions of the day 0 patch, there was a LOT of underlying mechanics adjustments in order to address the concerns.

I think the developers did the right thing. They had a specific vision of the game in mind with a certain quantity of gameplay. The proposed release version did not live up to their own expectations. From the potential players' perspective, it sucks to have to wait a few more days, but, they're clearly taking the review to heart and making sure that they're putting their best foot forward, so that whatever we begin to play on the 12th will be closer to what they envisioned for us.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Blog Entries

I don't have it preordered, but I'm excited to see how it will do, and the differences between PC and PS4.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

I'm planning to get it on PC.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I'm not planning to get it at all.

I was watching summit1g play it on Twitch yesterday and I thought it looked pretty interesting. I'm waiting for PC, I want to get it at release but I'm pretty salty regarding that idea after doom4 being on 50% discounts or better within a month or two of release.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    I was watching summit1g play it on Twitch yesterday and I thought it looked pretty interesting. I'm waiting for PC, I want to get it at release but I'm pretty salty regarding that idea after doom4 being on 50% discounts or better within a month or two of release.
    Yeah, that kinda pissed me off. As far as I'm concerned....

LET THE GALAXY BURN!

(I just like that phrase and picture.)
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    and that he felt he had 'completed' all content in approximately 30 hours of gameplay, including all side-stuffs. Normally, that's a decent amount of gametime, but when the publishers boast quintillions of stars that you can traverse, blahblahblah, it's kind of a letdown in total content.
    From what I understand *beating* the game involves travelling to the center of the universe, which is what took him 30 hours to do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    From what I understand *beating* the game involves travelling to the center of the universe, which is what took him 30 hours to do.
    Correct... but he qualified his statement that he went to the center of the universe after feeling like he had 'completed' all secondary objectives... or something to that extent.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Blog Entries

They've also patched some exploits he used to accomplish those goals in that fast of a timeframe.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites