Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Sanctum of Scales - OPENED

The Sanctum swarms like a hornet's nest, but it's fun. I forgot how entertaining it is to have to get used to a new hunting area and develop techniques for each type of creature.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Quote Originally Posted by shad0ws0ngs View Post
    the shapers can also summon sidewinders - which you can skin for sidewinder scales.
    I have yet to see a sidewinder. They must be very rare.
    FWI room 2
    Warped Wooden Hut
    Lich ID 3870

Just when I was beginning to think sidewinders were a myth, I encountered one. I didn't get a chance to try to attack or skin it. Right after it appeared, other critters put me in repeated RT, and I ended up dying. Below is a log of the sidewinder.

Code:
    >A pale scaled shaper throws her acacia runestaff into the air, charging it with an eruption of virescent energy.  The carved serpent entwining it twitches to life with a hiss, uncoiling from the runestaff and dropping to the ground, quickening into a white sidewinder!  The shaper's runestaff floats back into her waiting hand.

>A sheen of venom glistening from its needle-sharp fangs, a white sidewinder strikes at you!
      AS: +459 vs DS: +700 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +61 = -148
       A clean miss.

>appr side
    The white sidewinder is medium in size and about four feet high in its current state.
    You think you'd have a slight advantage over the sidewinder.

>A white sidewinder suddenly springs towards you with lightning speed!
    You manage to dodge out of the way of the sidewinder!

>A white sidewinder suddenly springs towards you with lightning speed!
    You are unable to get out of the way as the sidewinder coils tightly around you, holding you in place!

>A white sidewinder's coils tighten around you, squeezing the life out of you!
       ... 5 points of damage!
       Cut over your right eye.

A white sidewinder's coils tighten around you, squeezing the life out of you!
       ... 10 points of damage!
       Bones in right arm crack.
    I want a shaper runestaff!
    FWI room 2
    Warped Wooden Hut
    Lich ID 3870

4. Default

The coil maneuver is legit. That's how my first encounter went, but I struggled in berserk to break it for 3 rounds first.

Blog Entries

Anyone able to explain the periapts to me? Where do you port from in SoS? Do the charges drain out or once its charged does it stay that way? Anything else I'm missing about them.

I need to stop being so lazy and go check this place out already. It just sounds like a pain in the ass to access.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-17-2017 at 09:09 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Anyone able to explain the periapts to me? Where do you port from in SoS? Do the charges drain out or once its charged does it stay that way? Anything else I'm missing about them.
    They're similar to confluence soulstones in that they require you to kill the denizens to charge up. Charges do run out and I'd say a full one is good for a trip in and a trip out (unlike the soulstones), if not charged while you're hunting. ;go2 sanctum will take you to where you need to RUB your periapt to open the portal.
    ~@~The Alliance of High Elven Society's GSWiki Page~@~
    ~@~Support the Alliance: Check Out Our Endowment Shop~@~
    ~@~Ensorcelling Services - Enchanting Services - Sheath Making~@~
    ~@~COMING SOON: Forging Services - Cobbling Services - Fletching Services~@~

If you are hunting when clear until must rest you won't quite average enough charge to the periapt to allow a portal in and back out each hunt. If you are hunting past must rest to finish bounties then you should be good, or if you rest inside at the altar and do two or more hunts per trip. You can look at the periapt to see its rough charge level and you will find a periapt within a kill or two anytime you aren't wearing one. This means you can store multiple fully charged periapts, they are pinworn and weigh a couple pounds each. When they look like a viridian star they are at the highest charge level. I believe wearing the periapts is what flags you for SOS bounties in Solhaven.

9. Default

Also, as a word of advice, set a ring outside the gates. Never deal with the desert maze again! It's the debil. Thankfully, SoS <3s Voln and we can fog right to the cleft, which goes out to the wagon if you're so weighed down with loot you're afraid of falling into the pit-o-poop to go home.
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."