Thread: Highest valued critter found weapon ever?

1. Default Highest valued critter found weapon ever?

You sing clearly:

"Jeddart-axe that I hold
    Let your value now be told"

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the vaalorn jeddart-axe in your hand, and you learn something about it...

The first thing that strikes you about the jeddart-axe is the weight, which is about 5 pounds. In your best estimation, it's worth about 7,200,000 silvers. You can also tell that the vaalorn jeddart-axe is predominantly crafted of vaalorn.
    Roundtime: 5 sec.
    R>
    You sing clearly:

"Jeddart-axe that I hold
    Let your purpose now be told"

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the vaalorn jeddart-axe in your hand, and you learn something about it...

You sense a faint aura of magic surrounding the jeddart-axe. From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the jeddart-axe is as some type of weapon. It also appears to have a temporary modification of some kind.

"Jeddart-axe that I hold
    Let your magic now be told"

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the vaalorn jeddart-axe in your hand...

It has a bonus of +18 from a normal jeddart-axe, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it requires skill in polearms to use effectively. It also has some type of special ability, but you can't tell what yet.
    You think that you could probably find out something more about the jeddart-axe if you tried.

You sing clearly:

"Jeddart-axe that I hold
    Let your special ability now be told"

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the vaalorn jeddart-axe in your hand...

The harmonics generated tell you that the jeddart-axe temporarily inflicts more fearsome wounds when it strikes and helps defend the one who wields it by granting +2 Defensive Bonus.
    The jeddart-axe resonates with your voice, revealing some details of its temporary enhancement:
    The jeddart-axe's enhancement will degrade when it scores a successful strike.
    It should be able to withstand quite a few uses before its enhancement has completely degraded away.
    When its enhancement has degraded away, the item will lose its ability to inflict greater damage.

Its loresong has been temporarily unlocked by you for 29 days, 23 hours and 59 minutes.

Careful examination indicates the vaalorn jeddart-axe has a base strength of 70 and a base durability of 215. You also determine the current integrity of the vaalorn jeddart-axe to be at 100.0%.

Checking out the jeddart-axe, it looks like it is temporarily very heavily weighted to inflict more critical blows than a normal weapon of its type.

[A vaalorn jeddart-axe has a combat effectiveness rating of 12 points of Critical weighting and a 60.0% chance to have a combat effectiveness rating of 13. It has 18 of 30 services towards the next full rank of combat effectiveness.]

35k once to the pawnshop
    My dad always told me not to argue with fools or drunks. And I don't smell alcohol on your breath.

Blog Entries

A 9x naginata dropped before. Technically, there is a chance a 10x claidhmore could drop.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Drop straight into a gm's friend's inventory.
    Last edited by Taernath; 10-13-2020 at 10:37 AM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Drop straight into a gm's friend's inventory.
    Eh, they can't really control that. There is GM created that goes into a big pile of shit that drops, and then system generated. A GM can't put anything too amazing into the system, other than sweet alters, but the system can generate just about anything, though the chances get super small the better it is.

5. Default

Wait, a 9x naginata dropped?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by somethief2 View Post
    Wait, a 9x naginata dropped?!
    A few years ago, yeah. That is the most valuable drop I've ever personally heard of.
    Last edited by Gelston; 10-14-2020 at 03:32 PM.

For a while, when bows started to drop and were in high demand, one of those was dropping about once every 2-3 months, which at the time was a 25-30m jackpot.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

The coolest weapon I remember hearing about was a urglaes two handed sword from Black Forrest just due to the material rarity.

Sent from my IN2015 using Tapatalk