Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing new MHO: Hand of the Arkati

Blog Entries

Default Introducing new MHO: Hand of the Arkati

Hello Everyone;

Today, I got approved as the founder of the newest MHO: The Hand of the Arkati.

Mission Statement:
    The Hand of the Arkati fills a widely identified gap of a capped presence across Elanthia. The Hand seeks to offer a society specifically dedicated to the hunting of the strongest foes available in a quick, efficient and effective manner. This organization will offer a venue to Capped Individuals to hunt collaboratively.

Membership Requirements:
    In order to be eligible for membership, the individual must be level 100, demonstrate a general aptitude in abilities, be in good social standing with the community; The reputation of the members of this alliance is paramount to the success of the organization. Upon establishment of the event schedules, membership will only be awarded to participants after participation in a successful event in the MHO. If there is a failed event, the member may still be awarded membership if the failure was not due to the individual's performance and proper attitude was displayed.

... You're unimpressed. Why is this different than every other MHO out there?
    Well, the focus of this MHO is specifically Capped Hunting. With the warcamping expeditions I led under House Paupers considered incredibly successful by the GMs with decent turnout, and with the upcoming release of Reim, I wanted to add an more formalized framework in place to support capped hunting.

... So, why join?
    If you have absolutely no interest in group hunting, than I cannot offer anything overwhelmingly sufficient to overcome that disregard.

However, within the MHO structure, once enough time has elapsed, we will be capable of having prize closet items, which can contain minor enhancive jewelry. Nothing too special, but my vision is to utilize the MHO prize closet to reward members' participation in events. I plan on tracking the entire roster's attendance at every event. There will be absolutely 0 attendance requirements, only attendance incentives, and I will continue to try to push the prize structure to it's full capacity for our members. This is the closest thing to a WOW guild that Gemstone will support, but without the drama over specific drops/points/attendance requirements.

If group hunting sounds fun, if you want to put those side-by-side ranks to use, then this is for you.

... Why should I join now?
    Joining our Roster day 1, means I count your attendance on the first event you attend... Per membership guidelines, after our event cadence is established, membership is earned via attendance, post-event, meaning you're basically attending your first event without getting credit for it. Anyone that joins now, you're a full fledged member now, even if you don't use it til we're all hunting Reim together.

How do you handle drops from X event? Silver splits? etc?
    This is still being discussed and documented, and will be subject to learning a little more about specific event mechanics, and likely subjective to the type of event being run... I'm much less concerned with warcamp silver drops than Reim boss drops. But this will be documented for members to establish a baseline before the events, rather than getting with a random group of people, and one person walking with that +1000 Edged Weapons/Shield Use/Harness Power Enhancive with death flares and everyone else walking away with nothing.

How many events do I need to attend a Year/decade/etc?
    None... but you won't get those shiney whatnots I'll eventually be able to distribute... and there's absolutely no way that you'd ever be having as much fun as our members attending events!

Let me know if you're interested... reply on this thread, send a chat in game, send a PM, etc.

PC Posters that don't make the cut:
    Haldrik (Kalros)
    Parkbandit
    GS4Pirate
    Nyatherra
    Wraithbringer
    Last edited by Whirlin; 08-26-2016 at 05:58 PM.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Blog Entries

Neat idea. Best of luck, Whirlin.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

So like the Drakes Vanguard but only for capped people. That's pretty cool. I've always thought organized group hunts are a blast. Gives me something to look forward to. Only 60 more levels to go.
    Last edited by Viekn; 07-11-2016 at 04:45 PM. Reason: didn't need to quote OP

Good luck Whirlin! Whilst Roh is capped, she's not one for "hunting" but if you ever want to collaborate on events with either Elanthian Elegance or House Sylvanfair, just let me know!
    Rohese's GS Wiki page

You arrange yourself on the throne.

You attend to your gold wirework circlet, carefully smoothing the hair underneath, and adopt a regal air as you survey the area.

You think to yourself, "I got this"

Sounds like fun... may have the Paragon join in, in 15 levels!
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

Looking forward to this.

Damn if only I was capped!
    [Roll result: 120 (open d100: 94) Penalties: 10]
    You crouch, sweep a leg at Master Footpad Truaz and connect!
    Master Footpad Truaz falls to the ground! You deftly regain your footing.

[You have 1 repetition(s) remaining.]

** A spike on your spiked ora leg greaves jabs into the Footpad Truaz! **
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Well aimed shot, punctures calf!
    The Footpad Truaz is stunned!
    Roundtime: 5 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Enuch View Post
    Damn if only I was capped!
    Try the Drakes Vanguard in landing. Svardin does a pretty good job, and I believe he runs higher groups and lower groups at different times.

Blog Entries

Capped only huh?

No, I am not Drauz in game.

This sounds great, Whirlin! Jodia loves group hunting. Count me in!
    Mihorkan quietly exclaims, "I pulled a Jodia AND a Kaylisidee!"
    Mihorkan quietly exclaims, "A Jodisidee!"
    Mihorkan quietly exclaims, "A Kaydia!"