Thread: Crosscharcom issues - creates two hubs

Default Crosscharcom issues - creates two hubs

Trying to get crosscharcom to work. Runs on primary, creates a hub. Secondary, same network (same machine), connects also as hub. What settings need change to allow second to connect as client? Is this just an issue with script needs updating?

I have the same issue with Crosscharcom after upgrading to Windows 10. I have not been able to fix it as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Naelan View Post
    I have the same issue with Crosscharcom after upgrading to Windows 10. I have not been able to fix it as of yet.
    Are you able to confirm without a doubt that it was working prior to the Windows 10 upgrade? What have you tried? Could be a closed port or renamed alias that crosscharcom is accessing. If this is strictly a Windows 10 issue, the solution should be an easy one, but haven't had an opportunity to really dig into the code.

Is anyone else experiencing this on Windows 10? Is there a solution in place, before I start debugging?

4. Default

I had the same issue on Windows 7 and 10.

I found this post helpful: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...23#post1844623

Using ;crosscharcom localhost on the second character made mine work again.

Quote Originally Posted by doodlydoo View Post
    Using ;crosscharcom localhost on the second character made mine work again.
    Rock star! Thanks.

Blog Entries

From Windows XP to Windows 7, I've always had the problem that is somewhat hard to describe. I can create the hub, connect character 2, 3, 4, 5, etc... Everything works fine, except for character two. I can send commands from the hub to every character and from character 3 through infinity back to everyone else, except for character 2. Character two can only send commands to the other characters besides the hub and wall. Whenever I try to send to the hub or the wall, I get an error message.

Anyone else have this issue and/or been able to fix it?
    2013 PC FF Champion

Ross#9505 on Discord

So I ran into this issue today with windows 10. I can run char 1 as hub, run char 2 with localhost and it connects to character 1, however when I try and run localhost on character2 it never connects

Toon #2
    [crosscharcom: Script only responds if errors are encountered (reduces clutter). No echo? No error]
    [crosscharcom: Successful socket bind, this script is running as server ('hub' for all characters)]
    [crosscharcom: Connected properly with the server character]

Toon #3
    [crosscharcom: Script only responds if errors are encountered (reduces clutter). No echo? No error]

I can't get it to work with just 2 characters on Windows 10, it runs both as hubs. I'm running both characters on the same laptop but each on their own screen (laptop screen and 1 extended monitor, not that it should matter). I tried the advice in this post and the one linked, but no go.

The odd thing is it did work the first time I ran crosscharcom2, but subsequent tries with the it and the regular crosscharcom just bring up a hub on each.

I just gave up and went back to mouse move/macro.
    Last edited by Aluvius; 05-21-2017 at 09:36 PM.

I had those same issues but running ;crosschar on the first character and then running ;crosschar localhost on the others seems to make it work correctly.

10. Default

that's the issue I'm having. I can get char 1 and char 2 to connect when using ;crosschar and ;crosschar localhost.. but when I try ;crosschar localhost on the 3rd character it never connects.