Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The Third Industrial Revolution Will Be Bigger Than the First Two

I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    They should use this voice:

What an annoying woman. I wanted the bear to maul her just to get her to shut up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    What an annoying woman. I wanted the bear to maul her just to get her to shut up.
    What if she did it with a Scottish burr?

You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    What if she did it with a Scottish burr?

I think that woman needs her own talk show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Pretty sure the bear was looking for a gun so he could shoot himeslf.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Here is the whole crazy video from earlier.

Last edited by Geijon; 10-12-2018 at 01:07 PM.

Below is a reminder of how quickly things can change. Are you ready?

Take a look at this picture of 5th Avenue in New York in 1900. Can you spot the car?

Now look at this picture from 1913. Yes, this time where's the horse?

In 1908 the first Model T Ford rolled off the production line; by 1930 the equestrian age was, to all intents and purposes, over - and all thanks to the disruptive power of an earlier tech innovation - the internal combustion engine.

More...

Shut up Fallen.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I've been reading a book about how it is possible that democracy will wane in the 21st century. The author makes the point that when economic inequality is high, the wealthy lose trust in democracy. The opposite holds true for the poor. Young millennials from well-to-do backgrounds, in particular, express growing frustration with democracy and growing admiration for autocratic rule. In 10 years, those are the people who will be bossing you around. What does that have to do with a technological revolution? Here's one possibility form the book..

"As we cross the frontier to swarm drones and robot soldiers, the rich will have less need of large-scale civilian armies — a key reason they expanded the franchise in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Science fiction likes to depict a dystopia in which the robots have taken over. A less fantastical idea is that the robots will indeed take over. But it will be at the behest of a narrow elite of human masters."

From "The Retreat of Western Liberalism" by Edward Luce