Thread: Non Lich Scripts

Default Non Lich Scripts

There are so many smart scripters here that I'm hoping I can get some help with something really simple. I need to redact a bunch of comments in excel and I want to create a hotkey so that I can highlight the word I want to redact and then just hit F1 to replace it with ### or whatever I choose. Any advice on a good simple scripting module/app/method?
    everan

trouble is a friend of mine

Quote Originally Posted by everan View Post
    There are so many smart scripters here that I'm hoping I can get some help with something really simple. I need to redact a bunch of comments in excel and I want to create a hotkey so that I can highlight the word I want to redact and then just hit F1 to replace it with ### or whatever I choose. Any advice on a good simple scripting module/app/method?
    Basically you want to scan for keyword(s) in files and be able to jump to the next keyword and hit a key to automatically replace it with another word/symbol?

Notepad++ does exactly this and can scan for words in multiple different files and everything.

Sorry, just noticed you said you need this in excel. Don't think Notepad++ would work there.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 05-16-2016 at 02:31 PM.

And not a simple replace. I need to read the comment and find words that I don't like that need to be redacted. I basically need to cleanse all identifying information out of these comments, we can't have people knowing who we're complaining about! I think I've given this too much credit since it isn't really scripting, it's more of just redefining F1 to spit out ### when I press it. I used to have a simple script bot that could execute various windows things and it was easy to set up, I just can't remember what it's called. I just figured if I bought something with more than just a simple ability I may find uses for it in the future.
    everan

trouble is a friend of mine