Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stellaris

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    I dunno, nowadays, my view of value is incredibly skewed with how many super cheap/F2P purchases I've found on Steam and gotten ridiculous amounts of gameplay with. If a game isn't fully revolutionary, I likely won't pick it up.
    Actually, that's kind of my view of Overwatch... It's a great game, but it's not unique enough and leaps and bounds above alternative F2P or cheap options to really validate the $40/$60 pricetag.

Gemcraft 2: $10, basic, well made tower defense game, clocked in 58 hours
    One Way Heroics: $3.50, clocked in 13 hours.
    Fallout 4: $60 Clocked in about 50 hours
    TERA: I'm a founder, but it's F2P now, clocked in 279 hours
    I mean, revolutionary is a pretty opinion based term that gets thrown around a lot. I never use it and I won't here either. Get it or don't, I think it is well worth the cost and has already given me many hours worth.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

A 40k mod got released for it today on steam.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    My last campaign, I played it how the Imperium of Man does stuff. You can create sectors, so that is what I did, and in each system I created a small fleet set to aggressive. They attack any hostiles that appear in. Then I'd have one massive sector fleet that responds to larger incursions. I called one Battlefleet Gothic, because it was in the Gothic Sector.

This game is definitely prime for a full scale Warhammer 40k mod though. It even has a purge option to kill xenos. You can have thousands of systems when set to huge.
    nerd

I really like the look of this game, but with so many other games purchased lately, I think I am going to wait till after the DLC comes out, or the price goes down.
    This space for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    We have to count our blessings that we enjoy freedom of speech without fear of oppression in this county.
    (When you can't answer a question for fear of making you or your savior look bad)

I wish it was more CK2 than EUIV. For some people that may be a selling point though.

Blog Entries

Sweet, got the Wh40k mod, going to play around with it now. I know it'll probably be taken down soon because GW doesn't fuck around with its IP being used.

Are any of the bonus editions worth the cost?

The base game has a pretty reasonable price, 39.99.

But the galaxy edition is 70 bucks?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Are any of the bonus editions worth the cost?

The base game has a pretty reasonable price, 39.99.

But the galaxy edition is 70 bucks?
    If you want a bunch of random digital shit like the soundtrack and some forum avatar pictures, sure. I got the Nova pack just because it comes with addition race sprites, but you really don't need it.

Paradox generally releases TONS of cosmetic DLC and then a main expansion about two or three times a year.

Paradox used to be a tiny company, so people paid extra to support them. People still think they are a tiny company so they still do... Paradox isn't such a tiny company anymore like it was back in the day though. Still not a massive thing but yeah, they don't need the extra money for food anymore.
    Last edited by Gelston; 05-10-2016 at 11:13 PM.

Blog Entries

So, the Wh40k mod just changes visual aspects and music right now. The scenarios and such are all the same as base. Still neat for flavor.

I'd like a 40k total conversion. Hopefully that'll happen.