Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Scam Alert - SashaFierce / Alastir

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    I don't think this is analogous. In that situation one person bought from another and neither knew the value of the item - there is no taking of advantage there because there is no advantage there. In this situation one person bought from another and only the first knew the value of the item - that is a clear advantage and one that was taken. I have read SF's claims that they did not know, and I am not convinced.If your standard for bad behavior is whether someone else would do it, that is not a good standard.What people celebrate on reality TV is also not a good standard of behavior.Why?Mankind is your business. The common welfare is your business; charity, mercy, forbearance, benevolence, are all your business. The dealings of your trade are but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of your business. - This isn't a new story, this is an extremely old story. The world has moved with haste from pure capitalism precisely because of situations like these, and prospered greatly for it. We have all recognized that we need a firm hand to keep us from our baser impulses - "snake oil salesman" has not always been a figure of speech.
    Filthy communist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post

I meant , specifically your expounding, how does that relate to this at all? Snake oil salesman tried to sell you things thru deceit and lies, neither of which are applicable here.
    Roflmao. You are legit delusional if you think Alastir is all rainbows and sunshine. He's calculated, sneaky, deceitful, and a straight up liar. And the worst kind of liar, he actually believes the shit he spews. He's the type of person that will stab you, tell you he's helping you, and that it's for your own good. Then tell someone else he didn't stab you, that you asked to be pierced by a knife to relieve some gas.

*clap Gnomad*

I instantly believe Alastir is lying because he usually is, so I didn't bother checking his dates. But damn, what a fucking liar. He even has official posts that day too.

Alastir the fuckin snake oil peddler.

Actually it does work. The person buying obviously thought it was worth more than they paid for it or else they wouldn't be at a antique roadshow checking on the item. Again this wasn't done to Haldrik, he is just throwing a bitch fit. The person who sold it to SF isn't even known because they haven't complained.
    They aren't known because of people like you. You all would destroy said person. I have no problem standing up to the circle-jerk of assholes, con-artists and trolls. I'll be their champion.

For anything you say to hold any water you have to start with the assumption that they specifically knew these would be rare and incredibly valuable. You assume they knew it was going to be incredibly valuable, but the presented evidence doesn't bear that out. From the e-mail and posts I sure thought that this was going to be another pet rat type item and they would be a dime a dozen in a few days, so I probably would have offered less than 1m at the start of the arena.

You won't take the evidence provided you though. So I guess that ends that discussion.

I meant , specifically your expounding, how does that relate to this at all? Snake oil salesman tried to sell you things thru deceit and lies, neither of which are applicable here.
    How did you ignore Gnomads post where he specifically points out Wyroms post re: segments 2 days before Alastir sold the pendant? Get your god damn head out of your ass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haldrik View Post
    They aren't known because of people like you. You all would destroy said person. I have no problem standing up to the circle-jerk of assholes, con-artists and trolls. I'll be their champion.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

I have no problem standing up to the circle-jerk of assholes, con-artists and trolls. I'll be their champion.
    How can you be their champion when you are an asshole?
    Teuta, The Pirate Queen (Not Jack Whisper)

"have at it crackhead bob." ~ Sashafierce

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teuta

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haldrik View Post
    How did you ignore Gnomads post where he specifically points out Wyroms post re: segments 2 days before Alastir sold the pendant? Get your god damn head out of your ass.
    Yeah, how did I miss one post that no one else commented on.... The post doesn't really say how rare anything is, but it does show that one of the extremely rare item had already gone out and that was less than 24 hrs from the event start? Also no one knew what they would make. If this made a scripted toy bunny you would be laughing at SF for paying 1m for a scripted bunny.

Here is the thing, and a lot of people have said this from the start. I don't care about your timelines. Here are the relevant facts to me. Someone offered to sell it and said name a price. Buyer named a price to which the seller agreed. End of story. Seller's remorse doesn't equal someone being wronged.

If you have other information about him being a scammer you should probably present that. All I've learned from this thread is that you and Luntz positively can't be trusted.
    Last edited by drauz; 05-10-2016 at 10:48 PM.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    If your standard for bad behavior is whether someone else would do it, that is not a good standard.
    What? If your standard for bad behavior...? Then if something something, that is not a good... bad standard?

Just wanted to take the opportunity to twist your words around like I took the opportunity to snatch up those cards at a bargain price. You know. Before someone else did.

Quote Originally Posted by GS4Pirate View Post
    How can you be their champion when you are an asshole?
    Because... being a champion is not even remotely contingent on whether one is or is not an asshole. This isn't fucking D&D. A champion isn't some god fairing evil smiting plate wearing half-orc fucking character.

Jesus, it is fucking tiring arguing with idiots. Takes like 10x the work of a regular educated person.

Example: "You are wrong. Points to dictionary."

Educated Person Response: "Oh, yup, I'm wrong."
    Idiot Gemstone Response - "No, your fucking wrong. I know your wrong because I no, even tho I cant reed."
    Last edited by Haldrik; 05-10-2016 at 11:05 PM.