Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Scam Alert - SashaFierce / Alastir

1. Default

WTB: a country. Paying some dumb ass indians iron kettles, beads and cloth.
    Last edited by SonoftheNorth; 05-07-2016 at 12:12 AM. Reason: sarcasm

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SashaFierce View Post
    I was the first one to find a pendant, I said I was looking for a segment on merchant, someone sent me a PM saying they had one, I asked how much they'd like for it, they said make an offer, I made an offer, they accepted.

If you want to call that scamming someone, have at it crackhead bob.

You're trying to tell everyone that there's going to be so many pendants that they'll be worthless, and since you have the only segment, they better sell you a pendant for 10m now. Don't get mad because a ton of people are calling you on your shit.

Wow, way to admit you'll rip someone off if you have the chance.

You can't blame someone for making an offer that was accepted. It's not like he held a gun to anyone's head. People in Plat were giving segments and pendants to each other to help people finish. Maybe the person that sold him the segment was more interested in seeing one completed than making a ton of silver.
    The latest GS4 Training Spreadsheet can be found at: http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Training_Spreadsheet
    Please feel free to suggest new features, updates or fixes.

I was the first one to find a pendant, I said I was looking for a segment on merchant, someone sent me a PM saying they had one, I asked how much they'd like for it, they said make an offer, I made an offer, they accepted.
    Haldrik, that's not scamming someone, that's just being a merchant. Does it suck for that person that sold it? Of course. Upon hearing the person was willing to sell it for a mil, should Alastir have said "oh, that's actually way too low, let me give you 75 mil instread"? Of course not, that's idiotic and not the way any free market economy works. If the person had asked Alastir what the going rate was, and he lied, that would be a different story. And if someone is unaware of value, they can certainly post here or ask on lnet to get a general sense, neither of which the seller did and both of which a good merchant typically would.

If you want to call that scamming someone, have at it crackhead bob.

You're trying to tell everyone that there's going to be so many pendants that they'll be worthless, and since you have the only segment, they better sell you a pendant for 10m now. Don't get mad because a ton of people are calling you on your shit.
    Your alt was doing the talking. And he was saying "Help me complete my pendant!!!". I've never ever heard your alt talk before that day. It was clearly designed to catch someone offguard and unaware. And it worked. Nicely done. You knew the rarity off the segments because you knew the platinum instance rarity numbers. You knew a segment had sold for 50m already. You knew pendants were going for 25m and segments were far rarer. You used trickery and deceit.

You knew everything, and yet you scammed some guy anyways.

Scam:
    a dishonest scheme; a fraud
    Last edited by Haldrik; 05-07-2016 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharhazz View Post
    Wow, way to admit you'll rip someone off if you have the chance.
    Right, it's ripping someone off when you pay a person what they ask for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Haldrik View Post
    Your alt was doing the talking. And he was saying "Help me complete my pendant!!!". I've never ever heard your alt talk before that day. It was clearly designed to catch someone offguard and unaware. And it worked. Nicely done. You knew the rarity off the segments because you knew the platinum instance rarity numbers. You knew a segment had sold for 50m already. You knew pendants were going for 25m and segments were far rarer. You used trickery and deceit.

You knew everything, and yet you scammed some guy anyways.

Scam:
    a dishonest scheme; a fraud
    This was way before the price ballooned on segments, in case you missed it, I was the first person to find and complete a pendant. Values hadn't been established at that point.
    Last edited by SashaFierce; 05-10-2016 at 06:53 AM.
    Merchant Feedback here: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...h-Transactions
    -- Updated list of scammers in one place.

Blog Entries

There was no fraud or scam here. Sucks the person didn't research the item they were trying to sell, but it is what it is.

Should SashaFierce maybe have been a little nicer and offered more? Sure, but that isn't his/her job. A price was offered, it was accepted. Worry about your own business.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    Haldrik, that's not scamming someone, that's just being a merchant. Does it suck for that person that sold it? Of course. Upon hearing the person was willing to sell it for a mil, should Alastir have said "oh, that's actually way too low, let me give you 75 mil instread"? Of course not, that's idiotic and not the way any free market economy works. If the person had asked Alastir what the going rate was, and he lied, that would be a different story. And if someone is unaware of value, they can certainly post here or ask on lnet to get a general sense, neither of which the seller did and both of which a good merchant typically would.
    It isn't even the fact he bought the segment for 1m that I care about. I don't even have a dog in this fight. But hes giving Kalros shit for offering to buy a pendant for 10m and calling him a cheap bastard when he bought his segment for 1m off someone who didn't know what they found when what he did is even more morally corrupt.

Right, it's ripping someone off when you pay a person what they ask for something.

This was way before the price ballooned on segments, in case you missed it, I was the first person to find and complete a pendant. Values hadn't been established at that point.
    This is why I've always disliked you. You absolutely reek of desperation. The fraud triangle nails down your personality quite well!

The fraud triangle is a model for explaining the factors that cause someone to commit occupational fraud. It consists of three components which, together, lead to fraudulent behavior:

1. Perceived unshareable financial need
    2. Perceived opportunity
    3. Rationalization

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    It isn't even the fact he bought the segment for 1m that I care about. I don't even have a dog in this fight. But hes giving Kalros shit for offering to buy a pendant for 10m and calling him a cheap bastard when he bought his segment for 1m off someone who didn't know what they found when what he did is even more morally corrupt.
    If they're bragging about it after the fact, that is kinda fucked up. Still, the only person that should be posting a thread like this is the seller, and even then it is only the seller's own fault. Not some random butthurt whiner.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam