Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Scam Alert - SashaFierce / Alastir

Default Scam Alert - SashaFierce / Alastir

PSA:

Alastir scammed an uninformed player out of a golvern segment for 1m silvers (Market price 50-75M). Alastir was aware of the price and the rarity and yet did it anyways. He used an alt of his so he could feign ignorance and present himself as an uninformed buyer. He was using both of his characters to alternate spamming the merchant channel. I've posted the logs below.

Everyone should be very careful when going into new events that have new mechanics. Don't take any offers, be careful of people you don't recognize. If they look like a wolf in a red cape, run away.

And don't buy anything from Alastir/Sashafierce.

Line 11639: [Merchant]-GSIV:Sivalis: "I found a pendant, help me fill it! -- Looking for a thin kakore strip and a reticulated crystal-edged golvern segment"
    Line 14365: [Merchant]-GSIV:Sivalis: "I found a pendant, help me fill it! -- Looking for a thin kakore strip and a reticulated crystal-edged golvern segment"
    Line 15818: [Merchant]-GSIV:Sivalis: "I found a pendant, help me fill it! -- Looking for a thin kakore strip and a reticulated crystal-edged golvern segment"
    Line 15982: [Merchant]-GSIV:Sivalis: "I found a pendant, help me fill it! -- Looking for a thin kakore strip and a reticulated crystal-edged golvern segment"
    Line 16171: [Merchant]-GSIV:Sivalis: "I found a pendant, help me fill it! -- Looking for a reticulated crystal-edged golvern segment! Last piece needed! Paying well!"
    Line 16380: [Merchant]-GSIV:Sivalis: "I found a pendant, help me fill it! -- Looking for a reticulated crystal-edged golvern segment! Last piece needed! Paying well!"
    Line 16500: [Merchant]-GSIV:Alastir: "Looking for a reticulated crystal-edged golvern segment - offering 11m."
    Line 16550: [Merchant]-GSIV:Alastir: "Well, I'll match any price, I actually have a pendant, and I only need the golvern segment"
    Line 17108: [Merchant]-GSIV:Sivalis: "I found a pendant, help me fill it! -- Looking for a reticulated crystal-edged golvern segment! Last piece needed! Paying well!"
    Line 17265: [Merchant]-GSIV:Sivalis: "I found a pendant, help me fill it! -- Looking for a reticulated crystal-edged golvern segment! Last piece needed! Paying well!"
    Line 17602: [Merchant]-GSIV:Sivalis: "I found a pendant, help me fill it! -- Looking for a reticulated crystal-edged golvern segment! Last piece needed! Paying well!"
    Line 18639: [Merchant]-GSIV:Sivalis: "I found a pendant, help me fill it! -- Looking for a reticulated crystal-edged golvern segment! Last piece needed! Paying well!"
    Line 19021: [Merchant]-GSIV:Sivalis: "I found a pendant, help me fill it! -- Looking for a reticulated crystal-edged golvern segment! Last piece needed! Paying well!"
    Line 21695: [Merchant]-GSIV:Sivalis: "I found a pendant, help me fill it! -- Looking for a reticulated crystal-edged golvern segment! Last piece needed! Paying well!"
    Line 6541: [Merchant]-GSIV:Alastir: "Looking for a reticulated crystal-edged golvern segment. Offering silvers, bloodscrip, whatever."
    Line 11549: [Merchant]-GSIV:Alastir: "Looking for a reticulated crystal-edged golvern segment. Offering silvers, bloodscrip, whatever."
    Line 18107: [Merchant]-GSIV:Alastir: "Looking for a reticulated crystal-edged golvern segment. Offering silvers, bloodscrip, whatever."
    Line 26932: [Merchant]-GSIV:Alastir: "Looking for a reticulated crystal-edged golvern segment. Offering silvers, bloodscrip, whatever."

EDIT:

More and more people have been posting that its "ok" and that its "legal" and "capitalism." So, first off, the term 'legal' or 'illegal' should be clarified. Legality infers criminal sanctions. There is generally no crimes associated with the above (that I know of) except in the context of abusing the elderly. E.g. Selling ant-aging creams to the elderly.

So, people are probably referring to 'civil liability', the non-criminal side. And, I hate to break it to you, but there is civil liability for buying extremely low and selling extremely high. In fact, there is multitudes of ways to void a contract (reverse the sale) when one party is uninformed or unknowledgeable, and the other the opposite. For any sale there is a contract, written or implied. In order for a contract to be formed, there has to be a 'meeting of the minds.' Parties cannot 'meet' if they do not understand what they are selling, or if one person is at an advantage to the other.

The legal term is called 'unconscionability'. This is an excerpt from a contracts book:

b. Substantive: The "substantive" sort of unconscionability occurs where the clause or contract itself (rather than the process used to arrive at the contract) is unduly unfair and one-sided. [485]

i. Excessive price: An important example of substantive unconscionability is where the seller charges an excessive price. Usually, an excessive price clause only comes about when there is also some sort of procedural unconscionability (e.g., an uneducated consumer who doesn’t understand what he is agreeing to), since otherwise the consumer will usually simply find a cheaper supplier. [485 - 486]
    And for the record. 1m to 75m = 7500% mark up.

TL;DR - Anyone who says 'capitalism' or 'its legal' or 'buyer beware' has no fucking clue what they are talking about.
    Last edited by Haldrik; 05-09-2016 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haldrik View Post
    PSA:

Alastir scammed an uninformed player out of a golvern segment for 1m silvers (Market price 50-75M). Alastir was aware of the price and the rarity and yet did it anyways. He used an alt of his so he could feign ignorance and present himself as an uninformed buyer.

Everyone should be very careful when going into new events that have new mechanics. Don't take any offers, be careful of people you don't recognize. If they look like a wolf in a red cape, run way.

And don't buy anything from Alastir/Sashafierce.
    Hilarious.

For those new to this thread: If you don't feel like reading 50+ posts, here is what you need to know.

Haldrik/Kalros is obsessed with me, Elyina is a F2P alt he created so he can spam the merchant channel on a 1 hour repeat.
    ;lnet ignore Kalros and ;lnet ignore Elyina to save yourself a lot of headaches.
    One day he asked me how much I bought a golvern segment for, and I unfortunately told him.

When DR started, I was the first person to find a moonstone pendant in the arena.
    When I found it, I started to advertise that I was looking for a segment. I had purchased most of the other pieces, and many of them for 1m each.
    Someone sent me a PM over LNet saying they found one.
    I asked them how much they'd like for it, and they said to make an offer.
    I threw out the first offer that came to mind, which was 1 million. (I had paid 1m for 3-4 pieces that I needed at that time.)

Since this happened at the beginning of DR, the only "golvern segment" to sell was here on the PC, for a cash buyout.
    Nobody knew they would eventually explode to be worth 50-75m.

When I offered my 1m, the seller accepted, we exchanged, and both parties were satisfied.
    I was the first to complete a moonstone pendant, and once I completed it, I posted the spoiler alert: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...ERT&highlight=
    That way everyone could know what it actually was.
    I have a feeling that spoiler alert was also in part, the reason why the segments exploded in value.
    Please note the date/time I posted the spoiler alert - 4/24 @ 10:53 PM - Basically the 2nd day of DR.

(
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...ERT&highlight=
    I posted the spoiler alert on 4/24 @ 10:53 PM, which would be the second full day of Duskruin.

The first OFFICIAL comment by WYROM about the rarity of the segments was made on 4/25 @ 1:04 AM.
    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...rena/view/3094
    With follow up info @ 9:25 PM on 4/25.
    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...rena/view/3140

The first PC auction for a segment with a 40m starting bid was 4/28.
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...olvern-segment
    )

Did I get a good deal? Yes, obviously.
    Did I scam someone? No. The seller hasn't complained, the only person complaining is Kalros.
    Did I mislead, or not tell vital information about the segment? No. Again, I posted the spoiler alert telling everyone what they actually were.

The seller said, make me an offer, I made an offer, they said okay, we exchanged, and that was that.

Haldrik/Kalros/Elyina is doing everything they can to "ruin me" but it's nothing more than a child's temper tantrum. Kalros is a talented manipulator and likes to start drama/arguments with most people he comes in contact with.

And apparently there may have been multiple segments that sold for less than what they would eventually end up being worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Enuch View Post
    I found one of the govern segments and someone immediately offered me 2k BS when I asked for appraisal, this was Tuesday I believe. No one else said anything, knowing now that they are worth way more, I probably still would have done my deal.

To someone who has never touched a mil but for less than 40 minutes that was something fair to me, I may have missed out on money, but I certainly made use of that 2k bloods rip on some wounded wear that I love and would do it again
    Thread Highlights:

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    This thread has absolutely nothing to do with the purchase of a segment. It was started as nothing more than a vendetta.

I can't believe people are actually here scrutinizing a random deal where no one involved in said deal had actually complained prior to the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    Haldrik likes to make lowball offers and ask for extortionate prices. No huge problem with that, but then he always has to start screaming when he doesn't get his way. It's just not worth dealing with drama queens like him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Buying something for less than it's worth is not a scam. How some of you can go through life without understanding such a basic premise is beyond me. I don't care if the seller was talked into it. That's how negotiation works. It's not fraudulent or illegal to get a lower price on something than the buyer might otherwise get if they exercised patience.

Has the seller even chimed in yet? I know I've sold items for far less than they were worth because I needed cash for something else. There's just a whole hell of a lot of speculation and very little fact in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Also, what everan said. If I'd had the chance I'd totally have done what Sashafierce did.

And I'd have been laughing at your attempts to shame me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    There was no fraud or scam here. Sucks the person didn't research the item they were trying to sell, but it is what it is.

Should SashaFierce maybe have been a little nicer and offered more? Sure, but that isn't his/her job. A price was offered, it was accepted. Worry about your own business.
    Quote Originally Posted by everan View Post
    Honestly, if someone had asked me to make an offer to buy a segment early on, I would have probably offered a million as well. I had a sense that they would be valuable, but I've seen that go both ways. The first run, early rats sold for 3m and not long after were getting 500k and now look at them, worth 250k. You're always better to wait a little bit at the beginning if you think something is rare to see how things are going to shake out. I've dealt with both these guys and I've never had an issue. Do they want a good price? Of course, so do I. All the trash talk afterwards could have gone unsaid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithus View Post
    You can't blame someone for making an offer that was accepted. It's not like he held a gun to anyone's head. People in Plat were giving segments and pendants to each other to help people finish. Maybe the person that sold him the segment was more interested in seeing one completed than making a ton of silver.
    Last edited by SashaFierce; 05-10-2016 at 06:49 AM.
    Merchant Feedback here: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...h-Transactions
    -- Updated list of scammers in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by SashaFierce View Post
    Hilarious.
    100% Truth. You can't even deny it.

4. Default

fight irl

Quote Originally Posted by SashaFierce View Post
    Hilarious.
    I love how he doesn't even try to deny it cause he knows it's true. Gold thread 5++ manbabies would read again.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Nitefallz: "wait whats a poop sock"

[Merchant]-GSIV:Skoll: "Some say the customer is always right, some say the customer is a bitch ass loser and needs to shut up"

[Private]-GSIV:Warclaidh: "what is booty percs"

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    fight irl
    DICKS AT DAWN BRO
    [LNet]-GSIV:Nitefallz: "wait whats a poop sock"

[Merchant]-GSIV:Skoll: "Some say the customer is always right, some say the customer is a bitch ass loser and needs to shut up"

[Private]-GSIV:Warclaidh: "what is booty percs"

Added this thread to my signature, for all time.

Blog Entries

If this is true....

Well done, SashaFierce.

Last edited by Taernath; 05-07-2016 at 12:12 AM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

I don't think ignorance is an excuse for getting screwed over. Tservin offered 40m for mine when I found it which made me think there might be a market beyond that. Sad to see someone get screwed but I've never had someone tell me "I'll only give you what it's worth, not a penny less"
    ~ Peppwyn

Quote Originally Posted by Haldrik View Post
    100% Truth. You can't even deny it.
    I was the first one to find a pendant, I said I was looking for a segment on merchant, someone sent me a PM saying they had one, I asked how much they'd like for it, they said make an offer, I made an offer, they accepted.

If you want to call that scamming someone, have at it crackhead bob.

You're trying to tell everyone that there's going to be so many pendants that they'll be worthless, and since you have the only segment, they better sell you a pendant for 10m now. Don't get mad because a ton of people are calling you on your shit.
    Merchant Feedback here: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...h-Transactions
    -- Updated list of scammers in one place.