Thread: Raise Dead prayer-book

Default Raise Dead prayer-book

This should be the same as the one recently sold by Askip. I bought it when the spell was 312 and never used it. I had it converted to 318 when I came back a while ago.

a leather-bound prayer book - 3m

The prayer book appears to be crudely constructed, seemingly of little import. Yet you sense there is more hidden from you.
    This is a small item, under a pound. In your best estimation, it's worth about 100,000 silvers.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the prayer book in your hand, and you learn something about it...

The prayer book radiates a strong magic, unusual in that it seems to emanate solely from the dark ink traversing its surface. Whatever purpose might be gleaned here, you are unable to decipher more than an impending feeling of dread.

The black inked runes along the surface of the book pulse in tune to your song, resonating with a power that is neither fully spiritual nor elemental, as if from a different school of magic altogether.
    As you scan the text, you notice:
    The first line of ink is fairly strong.

As you bring your refrain to a close, you notice the ink is slick upon the book, as if fresh and malleable.

Delving deeper into the magic surrounding the prayer book, your senses are flooded with waves of dread and horror.
    Before your concentration breaks off, the single line of visible ink blurs beneath the rhythm of your song and you notice that it does not pulse with extra power.
    everan

trouble is a friend of mine

2. Default

This might be sold by the time I ask these questions, but for the sake of future reference...
    Could you educate this ignorant soul as to what this book actually does?
    Is it basically a fancy scroll with 318 on it? Or an item with 318 imbedded in it? Would we have to find another means to cast WOL to complete the resurrections?

Gimme da info.

Ill take it

And to answer Eshielle's questions:

Yes, this is a fancy scroll with 318 on it, fresh ones can be unlocked and infused like any other scroll.
    WOL must be cast at the dead corpse before 318, no difference in mechanics as clerics with the spell.
    Also, things of note: Only clerics can use chrisms on corpses, freshly raised people will have 1 health and 1 spirit. So, if a cleric is around, its always the preferred method.
    Last edited by Fromer; 04-27-2016 at 09:44 PM.