Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cooking

sheesh i just looked at the kitchen aid knife sets i know 400 isnt a lot of cash to spend on good knifes..but hell that's enough to convince me my shit is good enough
    Last edited by Roiken; 04-14-2018 at 03:57 AM. Reason: that counter top convection oven... is kinda sexy though... that's like a toaster on boost

Quote Originally Posted by Roiken View Post
    sheesh i just looked at the kitchen aid knife sets i know 400 isnt a lot of cash to spend on good knifes..but hell that's enough to convince me my shit is good enough
    Good knives are where it's at. I work with a guy who went to culinary school. I can't recall the price of his knife set but they were made in Germany and cost about the same as a very cheap automobile. I don't have great knives, but I do want at least 1 really great knife. Just one to get started on a collection.

The one kitchen item that is noticeable by it's absence in my house is a food processor.

What's that griddle like? Mine is cheap and shitty but I can see the value of a good quality griddle.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Good knives are where it's at. I work with a guy who went to culinary school. I can't recall the price of his knife set but they were made in Germany and cost about the same as a very cheap automobile. I don't have great knives, but I do want at least 1 really great knife. Just one to get started on a collection.

The one kitchen item that is noticeable by it's absence in my house is a food processor.

What's that griddle like? Mine is cheap and shitty but I can see the value of a good quality griddle.
    Mine is something i picked up at macys like 4 years ago during holiday season. So yeah its cheap crap too i think it was 100 bucks or whatever.. the reason why i like it.. is i can electronicly control the temp. And therefore determine how long i need to cook a steak or burger to desired doness .. i can fry fish . Or whatever and as long as the coils have cooled i can drop it in the sink clean it.. and make eggs bacon and pancakes on different sides of it in the am

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Mine is something i picked up at macys like 4 years ago during holiday season. So yeah its cheap crap too i think it was 100 bucks or whatever.. the reason why i like it.. is i can electronicly control the temp. And therefore determine how long i need to cook a steak or burger to desired doness .. i can fry fish . Or whatever and as long as the coils have cooled i can drop it in the sink clean it.. and make eggs bacon and pancakes on different sides of it in the am

Mine is so cheap that I can't hardly control temp. I think buying a good one with a heavy cooking surface is in order because I agree about the versatility and it's still wonderful for pancakes.
    Ohh...I have to add to my one item I can't live without in the kitchen. The electric kettle. Don't need it in the warm weather but come winter it's used everyday.

Mine is so cheap that I can't hardly control temp. I think buying a good one with a heavy cooking surface is in order because I agree about the versatility and it's still wonderful for pancakes.
    Ohh...I have to add to my one item I can't live without in the kitchen. The electric kettle. Don't need it in the warm weather but come winter it's used everyday.
    Im in texas so i don't have that.. but a couple ounces of water and or oil and butter followed by a lid is how i have steamed many vegetables.. if you are creative i feel its the best thing in the kitchen.. it can even heat up the coffee or tea for you

Blog Entries

Made steak w/ udon noodles, snow peas, mushrooms, and a spicy teriyaki sauce.

Was delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post

Was delicious.
    That sounds great.. it was friday the 13 might as well go big

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post

Was delicious.
    That sounds great.. it was friday the 13 might as well go big

Definitely sounds good. Where do you get udon noodles? Is there an Asian store near you?

Definitely sounds good. Where do you get udon noodles? Is there an Asian store near you?
    I can throw a rock east or west in be in little asia.. but knowing that wasnt directed at me that thick style of pasta can be found at almost any major grocery

I can throw a rock east or west in be in little asia.. but knowing that wasnt directed at me that thick style of pasta can be found at almost any major grocery

That's good for you. Great shopping at the Asian store. We have to drive a bit to get to ours so we don't go too often.