Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cooking

Blog Entries

Default Cooking

So, I just started cooking things beyond crap like Hamburger Helper.

To this date I've done....

Crawfish Boils
    Pan seared steaks
    Marinates.

So, the first thing, I've done that for many people. They've all given me nothing but "best I've ever had" on multiple occasions. I've been paid for it.

Second thing, I've only done for me and my mother. They taste fucking amazing to me and my mother. She thinks I should open a business. She thinks the same for the above.

Third thing, I just started with that. Hell, it was pretty damn good.

Am I bragging? A little? Maybe I am. This thread is for all you fuckers bragging though. Post up shit you did that you felt was good. Text or pics.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I make a pretty banging Fourth of July burger, my red white and blue. Pinkish medium rare burger seasoned with salt, pepper and onion powder. Brie cheese and blueberry preserves on a toasted bun. Add with a side of fries and my own crafting of creamed sweet corn (almost dessert corn) using kernel corn and cold stoned creamery sweet cream coffee creamer. Delicious!
    Last edited by Enuch; 04-20-2016 at 08:43 AM.
    [Roll result: 120 (open d100: 94) Penalties: 10]
    You crouch, sweep a leg at Master Footpad Truaz and connect!
    Master Footpad Truaz falls to the ground! You deftly regain your footing.

[You have 1 repetition(s) remaining.]

** A spike on your spiked ora leg greaves jabs into the Footpad Truaz! **
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Well aimed shot, punctures calf!
    The Footpad Truaz is stunned!
    Roundtime: 5 sec.

Also a good bacon wrapped Mac and cheese burger with home made 6 cheese mac and cheese topped although I tend to at time over cook the burgers because the bacon overlap, never burn but sometimes well done and man without those pink juices (insert random childish vagina insinuation) a burger can lose its luster

... 15 points of damage!

I love to cook, if you enjoy oatmeal a good substitute for milk is flavored almond milk like vanilla, add some nutmeg and cinnamon while the milk heats for that extra oompf!

Instant oatmeal supports the hitler platforms and should be condemned for all eternity
    Last edited by Enuch; 04-20-2016 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Hitler not hurler, phone posting is obnoxious

... 15 points of damage!

Filipino chicken adobo is the most exotic dish I have made. I think there are two standard recipes for the marinade, one uses coconut milk along with soy sauce and vinegar and the other without the milk. The marinade with the coconut milk reduces down to an awesome gravy. I don't make it very often, your home will smell like vinegar for a few days after making it. It's a really good dish though, if you like the flavor of fermented foods.
    Teuta, The Pirate Queen (Not Jack Whisper)

"have at it crackhead bob." ~ Sashafierce

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teuta

Quote Originally Posted by GS4Pirate View Post
    Filipino chicken adobo is the most exotic dish I have made. I think there are two standard recipes for the marinade, one uses coconut milk along with soy sauce and vinegar and the other without the milk. The marinade with the coconut milk reduces down to an awesome gravy. I don't make it very often, your home will smell like vinegar for a few days after making it. It's a really good dish though, if you like the flavor of fermented foods.
    I have had this in Kenya just last February, cooked by an elderly Filipino woman, and it was quite excellent.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Enuch View Post
    Instant oatmeal supports the hitler platforms and should be condemned for all eternity
    Fuck Hitler and his instant oatmeal. That crap is horrible. I like mine old fashioned and organic, with raisins, walnuts, cinnamon, and a bit of yogurt. It has a nice nutty flavor.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

It's not my recipe but if you like chicken and want it healthy. Runners world southern not fried chicken is quite spicy, super tasty and easy to make (8 pieces of chicken). Scroll through to the bottom for the recipe, read or don't the runners stuff but do highly recommend. Good with wheat berries (if you don't know you need to) or quinoa noodles or plain old rice.

http://www.runnersworld.com/recipes/...fuel-art-smith

... 15 points of damage!

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    I have had this in Kenya just last February, cooked by an elderly Filipino woman, and it was quite excellent.
    They eat a lot of fermented food, at least that's my impression. I know there has been some recent research that attempts to make correlations between the lack of fermented foods in the western diet and certain diseases and such. Some of that shit is gross as fuck though.
    Teuta, The Pirate Queen (Not Jack Whisper)

"have at it crackhead bob." ~ Sashafierce

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teuta

There is a fair bit of fermented food in the western diet if you are wiling to embrace it. A lot of people just don't like the stuff. Sauerkraut is a good example. Home made sauerkraut is full of stuff that's good for you, and not terribly difficult to make.