Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 89 of 89

Thread: Cooking

  1. #81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    A microwave is for people who have commitment issues.

    Speaking of which, slow cookers are amazing. Toss all your ingredients in at the beginning of the day, and when you get home from work you have a hot meal waiting for you.

    Portuguese stew:
    cabbage
    onion
    carrots
    potatoes
    1 can red beans
    1 can diced tomato
    a clove or two of garlic
    choice of meat (I usually use a spicy sausage)
    wine
    spices/seasoning to taste
    Quote Originally Posted by Roiken View Post
    Slow cooker /crockpot or whatever would be my second keeper if i had to downsize or only keep a few

    Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    To save some money on beef we've been buying these big ass briskets which we cut up and cook in the crockpot. It's been pretty good. I'll also get a whole frozen chicken and crockpot that with vegetables and water. Make a soup with liquids and dark meat then cut up the breast for chicken salad.

    I think we'll have to try that cabbage stew. How much wine do you use for that Taernath?

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    9,958
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Half cup to a full cup for a 6 quart cooker. I didn't include exact measurements because the recipe is pretty modular and you can just swap out or add in whatever you feel like. I also use the juice from the tomato/bean cans because it adds more flavor and thickness to the broth.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  3. #83

    Default

    I know it's not the same, but an awesome pot roast can be made in a slow cooker too... with a couple 16 oz cans of cream of mushroom, about 1.5 lbs of carrots, 3 lbs of chuck roast... and 1 yellow onion and some garlic salt pepper.. I also add real mushrooms when i do it because i use the extra part of there being so much soup to cover the mash potatos i eat with it and i like to eat the mushrooms as part of it. I dont think the mushrooms do much for flavor so i let them in about 6 hours into the 8 hour process and like i said they are a garnish for the potato anyways.
    Last edited by Roiken; 04-15-2018 at 02:21 AM.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    24,198
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    If he's getting a result that pleases him then yes, it is indeed cooking.
    No, it isn't. I don't care what you say or believe. It isn't cooking.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  5. #85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    If he's getting a result that pleases him then yes, it is indeed cooking.
    Are you saying that fapping is cooking?
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.


    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    9,958
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    This is a whiskey marinade I've used a bunch, and it's delicious.
    http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/...r-steak-164519

    1⁄2 cup whiskey (any brand)
    1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
    1⁄4 cup olive oil
    1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
    1⁄4 cup soy sauce
    1 tablespoon salt
    1 tablespoon pepper
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bendova
    Posts
    16,907
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Are you saying that fapping is cooking?
    I guess I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bendova
    Posts
    16,907
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    No, it isn't. I don't care what you say or believe. It isn't cooking.
    Ignorant fat face!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

  9. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    I guess I am.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.


    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •