Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ForgeMaster

A few questions for this scenario, because it just ran perfectly for me twice:

Did you have 500 Crafting?

Did you have non-superior hammer head/handle pieces in your inventory when you started it?

If your answers are yes and no respectively, please send me a full log of the vise attempt, including the container you're pulling the pieces from.

Also - your main forge bag and cutter bag are different, yes?
    Last edited by Dintarl; 05-26-2016 at 10:33 AM.

No

Did you have non-superior hammer head/handle pieces in your inventory when you started it?

No

Also - your main forge bag and cutter bag are different, yes?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    No
    This is why. It is impossible to make a perfect hammer with less than 500 crafting.
    Last edited by Dintarl; 05-26-2016 at 01:04 PM.

Aha. Got it...but, isn't that the purpose of the checkbox on Forgemaster that has you select whether or not you should continue making hammers till perfect? Or maybe that's my misconception of what that button does. Because if I were to just select make hammer, I would just make a hammer.

That button is there for the person who has 500 points and wants a perfect hammer so they can start working on making perfects. If you're just looking to level up your forging subskills, the other one works just fine.

I have it checked on mine when I'm working crafting, but it will not fire off unless crafting finishes, and crafting won't stop until my crafting is 500.

It is possible to have crafting, perfect hammer, and at least one subskill all checked, and have the script finish up crafting, make a perfect, and go straight into the subs.
    Last edited by Dintarl; 05-26-2016 at 05:42 PM.

It's throwing out my perfect handles when trying to attempt to make a perfect hammer.

Looking through the code, I can't see why it would do that: if you get the "you smile as you realize" message, it should dump the block in the trash, polish the handle, and put it in your cut bars bag.

If you're getting the "satisfied with the piece" message, then it should be throwing the handle out.

Do you have a cut bars bag set up?
    Last edited by Dintarl; 06-06-2016 at 05:13 PM.

Once I turned ;surge off it started working properly. Like we discussed via email, it is possible that the recasting surge after an attempt was creating the hangup which then kicked it into trash mode. Either that or the reboot, whichever it was it is cleared up now. Thank you for the wonderful script and support!

I'll look into updating the code a bit to take the grinder bit from one set of matches to two, so that getting a '...wait' message while grinding doesn't cause this issue any more.

New version up - getting the '...wait' message while the grinder is active will no longer cause it to think the grind failed due to roundtime, then fail to grind due to having a hammer-handle or hammer-head in your hand and toss the piece regardless of quality.

I only did this for the hammer/perfect hammer sections; the skill up sections don't matter if it goes into that sequence, as the piece is getting trashed anyway.
    Last edited by Dintarl; 06-09-2016 at 08:34 AM.