Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A custom built toy - by Chortel

But alas, the parchment was too old. Silvers returned and some new words added to the parchment.

This parchment entitles the bearer to a custom built toy. I will craft, sew and stitch the toy for you, and provide the inner workings for your toy to do one special thing. I reserve the right to refuse any request. Chortel.
    >look at parch
    A large red stamp over the writing on the parchement clearly reads EXPIRED. Look, they misspelled parchment Now it's an illegal alter!
    everan

trouble is a friend of mine

Quote Originally Posted by chalion View Post
    Turns out the toy is expired, talked with GM and they would not budge, didnt give a reason other than "You have any idea how old that is" I asked them to mark the paper expired they did, worked with Everan and true to their word I got my money back. Shame it didn't work out but was a pleasure dealing with everyone involved.
    Just curious, did you get to speak directly with Chortel?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    Just curious, did you get to speak directly with Chortel?
    If the thing didn't have an expiration date and they refused to do it, the GM is probably gone. Otherwise they'd have put a note to have that GM speak to you.
    Last edited by Gelston; 04-15-2016 at 08:52 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    If the thing didn't have an expiration date and they refused to do it, the GM is probably gone. Otherwise they'd have put a note to have that GM speak to you.
    Gotcha. Was just thinking that maybe the GM was still around, and if that was the case, was going to comment that it seemed like a missed opportunity to do something really cool for someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    Gotcha. Was just thinking that maybe the GM was still around, and if that was the case, was going to comment that it seemed like a missed opportunity to do something really cool for someone.
    Chortel was played by Tony M****** aka GM Krash, the host manager who hired me as a GameHost in 1999.

He was no longer a GM by the time GS4 came around to illustrate how long ago that was.

~Paul
    Last edited by kookiegod; 04-15-2016 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kookiegod View Post
    Chortel was played by Tony M****** aka GM Krash, the host manager who hired me as a GameHost in 1999.

He was no longer a GM by the time GS4 came around to illustrate how long ago that was.

~Paul
    Thanks. That does give some perspective to...

didnt give a reason other than "You have any idea how old that is"

7. Default

Yeah it would have been really cool if they honored it or offered to honor it in SOME way but it is what it is.

Yeah it would have been really cool if they honored it or offered to honor it in SOME way but it is what it is.
    We had that debate many years ago on "a big job ticket" as no one knew exactly what it was.

For awhile they were denied, then a few merchants took them to get them out of circulation for various things.

Its pretty impossible to know what it meant and why for the most part, any IOUs were disallowed by future GMs and for the most part unless its custom scripted or needs approval or QC, when a festival or merchant ends, nothing get redeemed.

~Paul

I really don't see why they couldn't just whip you up a toy built on today's standards. Even if the responding GH or GM couldn't code it, they could totally just refer you to a GM that has a working toy script and wha-la. Super cool that you kept that so long, lame of the GMs not to honor it.

10. Default

They're pretty strict about redeeming your "wins" in a timely manner. I let a contest win lapse a week past the apparent expiration date and was denied redemption.