Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UAC+TWC+AMBUSH+ARMOR TRAINING

1. Default UAC+TWC+AMBUSH+ARMOR TRAINING

Hi,

Looking for info on UAC. I want to try it.

Do I need a shield? Can I go TWC? Can I just go barenuckled?

What kind of armors are you guys wearing? I'm currently in MBP.

Would like to hide and ambush effectively using UAC.

Thank you

You don't need a shield. TWC can raise defense. Bareknuckled is legit (and how it goes for some of the Voln stuff), though the wearable gear helps a lot.

Ambushing as a Rogue with it is pretty amazing.
    Last edited by Warriorbird; 02-28-2016 at 10:50 PM.

You'd get a lot more DS from shield than TWC. You can learn a maneuver that mitigates the MM penalty from shields, too. TWC won't add any offensive power to UAC, but it would open the option of busting out TWC fist scythes when necessary.

1 rank of TWC adds +5 defense. stick with that. shield + shielded brawler is really good

You might not need shield tho. Plate armor + ambush + smart fighting and you will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by droit View Post
    You'd get a lot more DS from shield than TWC. You can learn a maneuver that mitigates the MM penalty from shields, too. TWC won't add any offensive power to UAC, but it would open the option of busting out TWC fist scythes when necessary.
    Absolutely. TWC's really only an additional splash of defensive to the pure dodge mix.
    Last edited by Warriorbird; 02-29-2016 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1833 View Post
    Doesn't TWC only add to DS when you are NOT using a shield, and only when you are in stances greater than offensive? I'm UAC warrior with a tower shield and shield brawler maneuver, in plate armor. I'm sure ambush is awesome from hiding, but I use MOC. Works great. I don't use a weapon at all, just gloves and boots. I bring out a fist scythe for berserking.
    You're probably right. I only had a shield on my Rogue early on. No training in it.

7. Default

They changed that 1 rank thing. You need .5x training in TWC for the defensive bonus. And 2x brawl, 0.5x TWC, 2x? dodge was enough to get my rogue to his 50s, when he shifted to shield (and was finally able to learn Shielded brawler).

8. Default

Can you all go into the shield and shielded brawler a bit more? I'm about to fixskills into it. Do I need to train shield skill? Or just hold it and pick up the shielded brawler Cman?

9. Default

It's in my opinion not worth it to go with a shield until your 50s. Up until that point, you cannot have rank five shielded brawler because you're not able to spend more than your level in a single shield skill. The points for shielded brawler add up to 50. With rank 5 shielded brawler, your MM hit will be -5, not ideal but workable. MM is what makes the difference between a one shot kill and a stun. By staying barehanded up until that point, you can keep your MM nice and high, bashing in the skulls of your prey.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Killer View Post
    It's in my opinion not worth it to go with a shield until your 50s. Up until that point, you cannot have rank five shielded brawler because you're not able to spend more than your level in a single shield skill. The points for shielded brawler add up to 50. With rank 5 shielded brawler, your MM hit will be -5, not ideal but workable. MM is what makes the difference between a one shot kill and a stun. By staying barehanded up until that point, you can keep your MM nice and high, bashing in the skulls of your prey.
    Sorry to be dim. But will I need to train actual shield ranks in the skill goals? And if so how many? If not when and how does the option of the cman shielded brawler come into play.

Thanks you all so much for the input, it's been greatly helpful. I'm trying to knock the rust off. My 11 year old son has taken an interest in GS4, I have him on a free account and he decided a dwarf rogue and he's been trying UAC as well. So this could help both of us.