Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Division

Blog Entries

Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    What weapon/power combinations are people favoring?

I've liked using Light Machine Gun and Sniper Rifle.

I didn't like Assault rifles, too much inaccuracy to justify the extra damage. Never messed with Sub machine guns. I like Shotguns, but unless you're properly geared and leveled, you'll get yourself killed being in CQC rather than if you hung back and did damage at range. I typically use normal pistol handguns. I liked the sawed off, but like being able to mod the weapons and honestly don't use sidearms much.

For Powers I use Pulse Echo and Sticky bomb.

Pulse is idiot proof and adds a good deal of damage, especially with the heightened damage mod. Sticky bomb is great for starting fights. I use the extra damage/bleed mod. I should likely try out other powers, but i'm comfortable with those.

I only have 1 signature skill unlocked, which is the damage resistance. It works well for what it is.
    I have been doing well with a sniper/assault combo. With a sawed off as my sidearm. I do prefer a 3 round burst assault rather then full auto, as firing into the mobs chest with a burst hits twice in the chest and once in the head due to the rise.
    This space for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    We have to count our blessings that we enjoy freedom of speech without fear of oppression in this county.
    (When you can't answer a question for fear of making you or your savior look bad)

My only problem with this game is... I hate pickup groups... and I don't have any friends playing the game on a computer, so the dark Zone, and Challenge missions are extremely hard. Well.. Challenges are basically a no go solo, I can do the Dailies on Hard solo easy enough.

Of course, this means it's much harder to get High End Gear, which means I die easier in DZ. Fairly good game though, I like it better then I thought I would.
    This space for sale.

We have to count our blessings that we enjoy freedom of speech without fear of oppression in this county.
    (When you can't answer a question for fear of making you or your savior look bad)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvan View Post
    My only problem with this game is... I hate pickup groups... and I don't have any friends playing the game on a computer, so the dark Zone, and Challenge missions are extremely hard. Well.. Challenges are basically a no go solo, I can do the Dailies on Hard solo easy enough.

Of course, this means it's much harder to get High End Gear, which means I die easier in DZ. Fairly good game though, I like it better then I thought I would.
    I've been playing on Hard as well. I'm told the last few story missions get pretty challenging, but for now I am having an easy time soloing the story content. I haven't even attempted Challenging yet. I'm told it's possible to solo it, but "possible" doesn't equal fun.

Ventured into the DZ. I like soloing there as well. I "join" groups in that I just start shooting what other people are shooting when I come across packs of people. I stay away from groups during extractions, though. I don't see myself doing the raids and true end game content, but I definitely have enjoyed my time in The Division as well. I think it's a great game in its own right, and will evolve into something a dedicated fan base will enjoy as a long term MMO type experience.

IGN gave it a 6.7. Lol. It can't be that bad, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    IGN gave it a 6.7. Lol. It can't be that bad, right?
    It's not. It's not OMG greatest game ever!!! But I would say a solid 8, and with trading coming free in April.. maybe 8.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    I've been playing on Hard as well. I'm told the last few story missions get pretty challenging, but for now I am having an easy time soloing the story content. I haven't even attempted Challenging yet. I'm told it's possible to solo it, but "possible" doesn't equal fun.

Ventured into the DZ. I like soloing there as well. I "join" groups in that I just start shooting what other people are shooting when I come across packs of people. I stay away from groups during extractions, though. I don't see myself doing the raids and true end game content, but I definitely have enjoyed my time in The Division as well. I think it's a great game in its own right, and will evolve into something a dedicated fan base will enjoy as a long term MMO type experience.
    Ok.. let me explain "Challenging". All the enemies are level 32, and Yellow. The shotgun enemies one shot you, the fire cleaners just barely.. lick you with flame.. you die. A grenade kills you. An SMG from across the map nicks you while behind cover, 2 bars of health gone.

Possible? Maybe... but I doubt it. Unless you are already geared to high heaven and memorize every encounter.
    This space for sale.

Blog Entries

Fuck that noise.

I passed on this game, wasn't impressed with it initially since I got bored rather quick of it.

So far, I'm glad I hadn't purchased it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvan View Post
    It's not. It's not OMG greatest game ever!!! But I would say a solid 8, and with trading coming free in April.. maybe 8.5.
    Does it really need trading though? I'd imagine it would be another Diablo 3 situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I passed on this game, wasn't impressed with it initially since I got bored rather quick of it.

So far, I'm glad I hadn't purchased it
    The only thing I really liked was the setting... if they had turned it into some kind of single-player narrative game I think it could have been really cool (for me).
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Does it really need trading though? I'd imagine it would be another Diablo 3 situation.
    It would cut down on a LOT of the grind. You find an awesome gun that is a type you don't want. Instead of spending 20 more hours looking for the gun with the exact stats you want, you trade for it. One could argue this would cut down on the endgame, but loot farming won't be the end game for very long once incursions and the like start rolling out. As always, if you don't want it, don't use it.

The only thing I really liked was the setting... if they had turned it into some kind of single-player narrative game I think it could have been really cool (for me).
    A lot of people talk shit about the story, but I happen to like it. It isn't flawless, and some of the NPCs are dumb, but the actual storyline is good.

For those wanting a single-player experience, The Division can be a completely single player experience if you want it to be. I never once teamed up with anyone. In the single player combat zones you never see other players unless you go into their game or invite them into yours. You'll see them in the "hub" bases, but they are just standing/running around. You don't interact with them at all if you don't wish to do so. I don't.

The Dark Zone is a shared experience, but it is 100% optional. There are no story missions in there other than one where an NPC tells you that the DZ exists, and you can literally walk in/out and check it off your map. I think this entirely optional as well. I never group up there, either. I will attack a group of enemies that other people are attacking, but that's it. I've been shot at once or twice, but if you're smart and are completely defensive if engaged, people aren't likely to mess with you too much.

I'm not saying the game is perfect, i'm just saying it is a lot of fun and can be a 99% single-player driven experience.
    Last edited by Fallen; 03-17-2016 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Edited for context as Taernath said he played the Beta.