Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Division

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    This just takes me to a blank page.
    same
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

I've been hearing a lot of mixed stuff on this one. Not entirely sure if it's worth the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I've been hearing a lot of mixed stuff on this one. Not entirely sure if it's worth the price.
    I have been playing it off and on, I play on my PC.

It's not bad.. it is soloable through the reg missions (which is good for me) but it gets better in a group. They are adding "raid" type missions in April, along with trading (free). The mechanics of the game are really more like a mass effect then destiny. No matter how much "armor" or "health" you have, it seems like same level enemies kick the shit out of you the moment you leave cover. Which i guess is more realistic.. who the fuck runs around IRL just blasting away at people while they are shooting back.

Xbox One.. (for some reason) is getting the first two paid DLC one month before everyone else. Tho.. since it of course isn't cross platform compatible.. really doesn't matter much.

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com...ass/index.aspx

So.. free dlc in April and May, Paid in June, Summer, and Winter.
    This space for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    We have to count our blessings that we enjoy freedom of speech without fear of oppression in this county.
    (When you can't answer a question for fear of making you or your savior look bad)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvan View Post
    Xbox One.. (for some reason) is getting the first two paid DLC one month before everyone else. Tho.. since it of course isn't cross platform compatible.. really doesn't matter much.
    They do that shit now, instead of making a bunch of exclusive games.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    They do that shit now, instead of making a bunch of exclusive games.
    Yeah... tho it almost doesn't matter, and in a way is better to NOT get it right away. (if you don't like exploring stuff on your own anyway, and prefer to do it with guides)

Now if they ever get around to making a cross platform MMO...
    This space for sale.

We have to count our blessings that we enjoy freedom of speech without fear of oppression in this county.
    (When you can't answer a question for fear of making you or your savior look bad)

Blog Entries

I'm done with all side content and am now doing the main storyline missions at level 30. I've found that it's very easy to be undergeared in this game. You'll spend an ungodly amount of time trying to kill a boss mob before picking up a few new pieces of gear and dropping them in 2-3 clips, if that.

I've definitely gotten my money's worth, but I doubt i'll play raids or get big into the Dark Zone.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvan View Post
    Yeah... tho it almost doesn't matter, and in a way is better to NOT get it right away. (if you don't like exploring stuff on your own anyway, and prefer to do it with guides)

Now if they ever get around to making a cross platform MMO...
    Arguably... they did it well before it's time with FFXI. The problem is that the computer out-paced the consoles so completely and utterly, that Square Enix was forced to cater to the least common denominator.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    Arguably... they did it well before it's time with FFXI. The problem is that the computer out-paced the consoles so completely and utterly, that Square Enix was forced to cater to the least common denominator.
    True.. forgot about that game.

Just kinda irks me cause my nephew plays division, but on xbox, so I can't team up with him.
    This space for sale.

Blog Entries

FFXIV is a cross platform MMO
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

What weapon/power combinations are people favoring?

I've liked using Light Machine Gun and Sniper Rifle.

I didn't like Assault rifles, too much inaccuracy to justify the extra damage. Never messed with Sub machine guns. I like Shotguns, but unless you're properly geared and leveled, you'll get yourself killed being in CQC rather than if you hung back and did damage at range. I typically use normal pistol handguns. I liked the sawed off, but like being able to mod the weapons and honestly don't use sidearms much.

For Powers I use Pulse Echo and Sticky bomb.

Pulse is idiot proof and adds a good deal of damage, especially with the heightened damage mod. Sticky bomb is great for starting fights. I use the extra damage/bleed mod. I should likely try out other powers, but i'm comfortable with those.

I only have 1 signature skill unlocked, which is the damage resistance. It works well for what it is.
    Last edited by Fallen; 03-14-2016 at 11:18 AM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites