Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Elemental Confluence: Plinites and Cores

Default Elemental Confluence: Plinites and Cores

Here's a list of the new plinites and cores from the Confluence. Plinites are dropped by Confluence elementals and can either be sold as gems (they will be sold if you sell the container they are in), or you can attempt to get a core from them one of two ways. You can OPEN PLINITE to destroy the plinite and automatically get a core, or you can attempt to EXTRACT PLINITE with sufficient lockpicking and disarming skill and a lockpick, which if successful results in both a core and the plinite casing that can still be sold as a gem.

If you find something not on the list, post it and I'll add it in.

No code has to be inserted here.

Last edited by droit; 07-20-2016 at 12:00 AM.

What's the drop rate for these different thingies?
    ~ Peppwyn

A handful per hunt. If I stay in for like a half hour or more, I get about 15-20.

Blog Entries

That's not bad money at all, considering how shitty capped hunting grounds can get from time to time. Thanks for the info, Droit.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Extracting cores has similar mechanics to picking a box.

[from lockpicking article]
    If the lock is picked with a 150+ endroll, 10 seconds is deducted. If it's picked with a 200+ endroll, the roundtime is negated.

So if you're getting 0 rt, you've got a 200+ end roll.
    If you're getting 1-9 rt, you've got 150+ end roll.
    If you're getting full 11-20 rt, you're within the normal range of what you need to get full exp for extracting it.

Unfortunately there seems to be no way to detect the difficulty of the plinite. It is not correlated by value. I just went through 10 plinites, 2 of which gave me very little rt, 7 gave no rt, and 1 failed twice on a roll of 3 and 89, had to use lock lore to open that one and that was a common green (2400 value) one. No rhyme or reason why that one was WAY more difficult.

If anyone figured out how to measure difficulty, let us know.

Do you think these items are affected by hunting pressure?

Went through a bunch with a guy in teras. Agreed. No rhyme or reason to the difficulty. I do think it's not only affected my lock lore but disarm lore too. But with the randomness of the difficulty it's hard to say if that's true or I just got a string of easier ones

Isn't it monster level that dictates "box" difficulty? Perhaps the scale is much more dramatic since the range is much smaller.
    ---------------------------------

R.I.P. Sparkle Motion

Quote Originally Posted by Ceyrin View Post
    Isn't it monster level that dictates "box" difficulty? Perhaps the scale is much more dramatic since the range is much smaller.
    Not sure I am following the logic. If the level dictates the box difficulty and the creatures in the confluence are all 95 or up... then there should be less of a range

Did your lockpick quality seem to have an inordinate effect on success? I had a few extracted by a picker and it seemed like nothing but vaalin worked.
    Last edited by droit; 02-19-2016 at 11:25 AM.