Thread: Firewatch

Blog Entries

Default Firewatch

Interesting indie game in which you play a guy who goes out to a national park to get away from his life and keep watch for forest fires. There is a mystery and some creepy happenings, but ultimately, it's a very narrative-driven game about relationships and expectations. It's short (~5 hours), with limited exploration, but it was an enjoyable experience with great dialogue and voice acting.

Interesting write up with some spoilers:
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/12/109...cy-campo-santo
    Last edited by Taernath; 02-13-2016 at 01:55 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Shorter than five hours. My girlfriend did it in like 3/3.5. Didn't like the ending but said it was gorgeous.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorbird View Post
    Shorter than five hours. My girlfriend did it in like 3/3.5. Didn't like the ending but said it was gorgeous.
    I backtracked a bit when I realized I missed a few caches, and picked up/kept everything I could. I also cleaned up all the beer cans like I thought a forest ranger would. Ultimately I don't think it changed much.

The ending can be a little disappointing depending on how you look at it. I would have liked some more closure, but I think that might have been the point. I was also disappointed I was never mauled by a bear like the game occasionally implied would happen. Chekhov's Bear, damn it.
    Last edited by Taernath; 02-13-2016 at 04:23 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.