Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: spreading the burden and finding trust

I was actually really impressed at how everything worked without Lnet. Simu's twitter feed definitely had a lot to do with it, as well as there being an AIM blast group.

I think the biggest downsides of losing the servers would be updates to the map database and access to new scripts (although those could always be posted here to be turned into a .lic file ourselves.

Without Lich, the game would probably die. Lucky for us, Lich lives on each of our computers and the installation files/instructions will be easy to re-host if something happens to Tillmen/the servers. Without Lnet, the game will survive. There will be much less networking to be had and the merchant folders here will probably pick up. Oh and crystal amulets will no longer become pawnshop fodder.
    Calling you names is fun, because your skin is so thin and your vagina so sandy.

Check out my Solhaven Shop!
    https://ps.lichproject.org/shops/3818
    Fusion Orbs, Flaring 100-arrow Bundles, ICE age stuff, 50-count Gem Jars and more!

--------

d100(Open): 261
    You forage briefly and manage to find some acantha leaf!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    This makes a lot of sense. But what would people who don't play sorcerers sound like?
    Assuming they're wizards:

Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Assuming they're wizards:

Fixed.
    Last edited by Methais; 02-10-2016 at 09:18 AM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Bwahahahahahaha
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

I can't stop laughing at how accurate this is, right down to "I'm gonna run away I swear you'll never see me again!"

I wonder if any wizards (besides me of course) shoved a remote up their ass in protest.

I also forgot how that blanket looks like it's really attacking him when he takes it off and it's still all wrapped around his head like some weird octopus monster.

The Internet is the best place on the Internet.
    Last edited by Methais; 02-10-2016 at 09:32 AM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Blog Entries

I ;trust Tillmen.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Every coin in the game should say IN TILLMEN WE TRUST.

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    It's already running on a VPS
    Good, so it's probably portable then. I suggested AWS because I imagine they have fairly robust security, better able to withstand the juvenile DOS attacks that seem to pop up every once in a while.

I used to host our email & website on a local web farm but finally moved our email over to O365 because the locals would get compromised every once in a while, usually turned in to some email slave. Invariably, we were the ones that had to tell them that their mail server was down. I can't afford to have our email down for half a day. I love buying local and all, but for mission critical you can't beat the big virtuals.
    everan

trouble is a friend of mine

I'm not sure what this thread is about. The first post is strangely written, so I got scared and stopped reading. I did want to share this McNuggets video though.

But none, and I mean none of you got the picture I was painting, I don't want to run or host lich, I don't even want to be a part of the group of 5 or 6 people who would be responsible for lich, and I will probably continue to play Gemstone, even if lnet, shop data, and the repository never comes back up. I just want to provide for tillmen for what he cant seem to provide for himself. 1 to 3 fully functioning servers, so that everything is capable of running and staying up to date.

I musta got 5 neg rep comments for this bullshit, and then I got 5 emails from others offering to help tillmen to provide for what he needs.
    Go fuck yourselves, to the neg reppers who cant even read. and to the group of people that offered assistance, talk to tillmen.
    and as far as trust goes, We trust complicitly like a bunch of damn sheep waiting to be slaughtered, but tillmen trusts not a single one of us. go figure?
    Player of Aethor Whiteaxe, Giantman Cleric