Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giantman or no?

1. Default Giantman or no?

Looking through past threads I can't really find any definitive information so I'll ask...

Is the difference between being a giantman warrior vs. say, human or half elf, a significant one? I'm weighing a faster swing RT and better maneuvers vs. more HP and hardiness against getting hit. I'm going THW and leaning towards half elf warrior for the 5 sec RT on claidh/two handers.

RT reduction can always be achieved through enhancements.

Giants have huge dicks.

Just ask Jeril.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Would you sit by a Chinese on a flight?

Giants take huge shits.

Just ask Jeril.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I'd say the choice is a significant from both an RP standpoint and a mechanical standpoint. Sounds like arrr peee is irrelevant here. Despite playing a postcap giant ranger, I probably wouldn't roll up a giant of any class at this point... except maybe a warrior. Warriors are probably the class that benefits most from extra HP.

I like dwarves because they're similar to giants but are more well rounded:

- dwarves get a +30 bonus against elemental TD (hax). this will help a lot against bullshit like weapon fire
    - highest constitution, an underrated stat that helps with hardiness (extra HP, crit padding)
    - slightly lower strength, but you're not going to miss 5 AS all that much
    - slightly better dexterity -- maneuvers suck as a giant
    - +5 logic instead of giant's -5
    - -10 influence instead of giant's +5, who gives a fuck about influence
    - +10 discipline instead of giants -5, I don't know what discipline does but it can't be worse than influence

Probably the biggest difference is the +30 ETD and then +10 logic will make leveling a bit faster.

If you think your HP is low you can always train in that cman that adds up to something like 40 HP.

I think height also matters for maneuvers. All other things equal, Giants will be better at shield bash and tackle, but worse at hamstring and sweep. Giants can headbutt more stuff. And they can reach the heads of more critters, so if you aim shots you can one-shot more stuff.

7. Default

I definitely don't want to be a dwarf. I'm struggling with the fact that as a big, strong ass giantman, I can't swing a claidh or two hander with a 5 second RT, but a half elf can. I'll just have 70 less hit points is all and not be able to hold that much. I used to play a half elf warrior back in the day in full plate and THW, and didn't recall having trouble maneuvering, ambushing or getting my ass kicked with 135 hit points. I just thought being a giantman meant big strong hits and laughing off attacks moreso than an elf (redux seemed to work fine as half elf too).

Be a halfling like a real man.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ctsfinest View Post
    I definitely don't want to be a dwarf. I'm struggling with the fact that as a big, strong ass giantman, I can't swing a claidh or two hander with a 5 second RT, but a half elf can. I'll just have 70 less hit points is all and not be able to hold that much. I used to play a half elf warrior back in the day in full plate and THW, and didn't recall having trouble maneuvering, ambushing or getting my ass kicked with 135 hit points. I just thought being a giantman meant big strong hits and laughing off attacks moreso than an elf (redux seemed to work fine as half elf too).
    I overcame this problem with agi/dex enhancives.

Mechanically, being a giantman warrior is great. You can carry a lot, and you have tons of health and stamina. It's a little hard to swing at the small races, but that mostly applies to bandits.

Be whatever race you want to RP.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.