Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Veniom-Inlaid Rolaren Tower Shield

Default A Veniom-Inlaid Rolaren Tower Shield

So, I bought one of these off the pawnshop's armor table a while back, thinking it would be a tower shield. Turns out, it was a medium shield, I'm pretty sure it inspected as rolaren, and was unconverted.

Yes, I was stupid, and I put it into the converting chamber, so I could make it be the tower shield it should be. Problem is, is that when it converted into the tower shield, it also converted it's "mainly crafted out of" from rolaren to wood....

>inspect my shield
    You carefully inspect your rolaren tower shield.

Your careful inspection of a veniom-inlaid rolaren tower shield allows you to conclude that it is a tower shield that protects the bearer if carried in the left hand.

You determine that you could wear the shield, slinging it across your shoulders and back. The shield appears to serve some purpose.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of wood.

I was hoping someone around here would happen to have an unconverted one, and could post up an inspect of it, so I could get a GM to fix mine for me.

~sad cat lady
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

If you assist, they should fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by SashaFierce View Post
    Maybe. I've been told before that shields are mostly wood anyway so get used to it. I've also had it changed before. Depends who you get on the assist.

4. Default

please post to let us know if it gets fixed or if it is more of a "it's made from wood and covered in rolaren" or something to that effect.
    Japhrimel takes his black branding iron and jabs the superheated metal into your open wound. You let out a scream as the hot iron sizzles against your flesh, which begins to smoke and burn. The sensation sets your nerves aflame with blinding white agony, but somehow you manage to retain consciousness through the excruciating procedure. At last, the wound is blackened and sealed, but the pain is slow to recede.

...unfortunately, your heart gives out a moment later.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    Maybe. I've been told before that shields are mostly wood anyway so get used to it. I've also had it changed before. Depends who you get on the assist.
    Then you should have re-assisted and got someone who knew what they were doing.

This is why I'm asking for an inspect of an unconverted one of these. I assisted, got a referral, and talked with Skhorne, who after investigating some, couldn't find any details and so couldn't do anything. I'm thinking that, if I take evidence of it having been made of rolaren pre-conversion, they'll have no problem changing it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by shad0ws0ngs View Post
    please post to let us know if it gets fixed or if it is more of a "it's made from wood and covered in rolaren" or something to that effect.
    Will do.
    Last edited by mgoddess; 02-05-2016 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mgoddess View Post
    This is why I'm asking for an inspect of an unconverted one of these. I assisted, got a referral, and talked with Skhorne, who after investigating some, couldn't find any details and so couldn't do anything. I'm thinking that, if I take evidence of it having been made of rolaren pre-conversion, they'll have no problem changing it for me.

Will do.
    Email Wyrom.

Email Wyrom.
    I was going to email someone (Wyrom sounds like the best idea, though I'm kind of hesitant to stack another problem on his already full plate), that's why I wanted an inspect of an unconverted one of these, to prove that it was rolaren, pre-convert.

I got one thing from this thread, I need to troll the pawnshop tables more. That's a nice pawnshop find.

10. Default

I have a ruby-studded black ora shield, medium shield, that I got Groby zests added to.. the resulting bracer was wood. I could have sworn I hadn't updated the shield specifically to try and get a black ora bracer, but Groby pretty much told me what I'd commented on above.
    Japhrimel takes his black branding iron and jabs the superheated metal into your open wound. You let out a scream as the hot iron sizzles against your flesh, which begins to smoke and burn. The sensation sets your nerves aflame with blinding white agony, but somehow you manage to retain consciousness through the excruciating procedure. At last, the wound is blackened and sealed, but the pain is slow to recede.

...unfortunately, your heart gives out a moment later.